Help again!

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
I posted 2 days ago. I want to bye a used whites detector for around 600.00 what is the best all around machine that will also work well on the beach. I have been looking at a used DFX Spectrum E Series. A MXT and XLT. I am going to mayrtle beach in a two weeks. I will also be doing a lot of coin hunting around old houses and parks.I used to have a Eagel 2 SL 90 was a great machine but not to good on the beach. Thanks again for any help Catfishjim 90

Upvote 0

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would buy the DFX without a doubt. Use the factory preset programs until you feel ready to run it hotter. Use the stock beach program and the 950 coil for your trip to South Carolina.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the dfx e series another great detector from whites I own the v3i my hunting partner uses a dfx & loves it great depth lots of options programs to choose make ur own coils etc they did there homework on this one should be just fine up on myrtle beach

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SL90 works great in dry sand but, yeah, in the wet, it sucks if there is any mineralization. So will the XLT. The DFX and MXT are better, but not a lot. A PI machine would be best for that or a Minelab like a Sov, Explorer, E-trac, etc if you like good discrimination and target ID. If you need it to be waterproof, the CTX 3030, Excalibur, or a PI unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread