BH Time Ranger finds Silver!!

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Hi All,

I got my BH TR in monday but as luck would have it, I have a cold and its pretty chilly here in Paris, Tn. but today I got to go out for a couple of hours and the place i have been detecting with the ACE 250 and Prizm Iv finally gave me a 1938 Merc. I knew there was some silver there, just one of those places that you can tell by the other stuff you find, It was @ 4 inches down. The ACe and Prizm are good detectors i just feel that the mineralization here was keeping me from getting to where some of the older coins are. I noticed today that i am hearing more and seeing more on the readout but the BH doesnt lock in unless its a good target. I dug many of the questionable targets and the detector didn't lie to me!! Best of luck!!

Tnredneck

Upvote 0

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm trying to figure out how much mineralization there is here. I live in Kingsport, TN. The Ace is OK, but I need something that has better stability here. Not to knock the TR, but 4"? Sounds like the Ace should have found that.

OP
OP
tnredneck

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Youre right pantasman and it does, however i have noticed that when i dig at this location after about 3 inches it seems to be heavy clay. I have dug some wheats at around 3 to 4 inches and i have found other items much deeper but i believe because of the narrow response of the dime at that depth that the bh is giving me a
better read. I also am hearing a lot more there than i was. Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't sell my ace 250 because i really like itand i got it for a steal. The reason i want to be confident that i'm doing the best with what i can afford is sometimes you only get one shot a spot and i want to be sure that i've done my best.

thanks for the input!! tnredneck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread