My 1st month detecting...could it be a authentic George Washington button!?!?

Branden

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2013
Central, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo(2).JPG photo(3).JPG photo.JPG

Sorry the photos kinda suck best I could do with my camera. What do you guys think I have here? I think it was bent and my shovel caught the bend and opened it back up. It seems to be made out of brass the design doesn't show on the back. I'm totally stoked right now I literally got my detector 2 weeks ago, have found a ton of clad, a cool old copper cameo, and this baby!

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
It sure does resemble one - nice find Branden.

Attachments

• washington.jpg
    washington.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 159

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks really good research its the only way to b for sure on paper, hopefully it is

Orvin

Jun 5, 2013
Charlottesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tend to agree with Branden and like Christo000 said research is the only way to be sure.... great find..!!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they didn't make any fakes I would say your dead on!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's real, no dug modern fake is going to look like that.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id still just to be sure ya it does look real but hey nothing worse then goin a period of time with out knowing for sure, I do however hope it is for ya

OP
OP
B

Branden

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2013
Central, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to think it is the real deal, I'm currently searching for someone in my area that can take a look at it and verify authenticity. I just hope this doesn't spoil me, to find something like this as a rookie it is gonna be hard for me to top this!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to think it is the real deal, I'm currently searching for someone in my area that can take a look at it and verify authenticity. I just hope this doesn't spoil me, to find something like this as a rookie it is gonna be hard for me to top this!

No, will just make you hungry to do research and find great sites because now you see what's possible.

OP
OP
B

Branden

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2013
Central, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found somebody and got the time to go and have this looked at. It is the real deal, guy said without a doubt he's 100% sure this is authentic! Awesome find and now I'm hungry for more!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats crazy. Great need Man weldone theres no turning back now ur hooked. Curious but what did he apraise it at ? U dont have to answer that uf u wish not to its ur own buisiness I just get curious lol. I know this find sparked even more intrest for me & pretty sure itll b given more hope to the other guys WHO r new to the hobby & ones whove enjoyed for a while to well congradulations & on to the next one

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice luck , and gratzzz... btw I hate you now LOL

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! What luck in your first month!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found somebody and got the time to go and have this looked at. It is the real deal, guy said without a doubt he's 100% sure this is authentic! Awesome find and now I'm hungry for more!

I told you that on the day you posted! :)

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, the sad part is it might be the best find for the rest of your life LOL Just kidding, I wish it were me.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think about 99% of us wish it were us lol

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK may be not hate but extremely jealous. Hunt enough and I am bound to find a barber half or a silver dime . But a GW innag button. I am back to hating you again LOL

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol its a da%b good find 1 that any detectorist would have loved to find im in a good location & nothing like that yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread