Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed 100% physical therapy is a must I been threw a real lot motorcycle,car accidents & recent one was a car fallin on me none the less got 17 screws in right femer 3 pins in that hip & the recent one w/ the car fallen 4 pins in the left hip now broke my hip & pelvis been hell but it gets better beleive me my motorcyle one everybone in my right side broke & some punctured organs aswell life is very hard take it one day at a time do what u can u know ur body its limits more then any one period it will get better good luck

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
PT pain and torture * is what will "rehab" you back into shape --gotta do the "program" --then a good light weight machine , and tools will be a must

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Scotty,
IMO turning 40 has little to do with 3 surgeries on the same knee. I've had two on my left and at some point I will need a third. First was for cartilage damage in 1977. Second was to replace the ACL I'd torn in half in 1992. The third will be because of the first operation IF I can not get the muscles strong enough so I'm working on doing that. What this means is exercise, exercise, exercise and Not overdoing it. Listen to your body it will tell you when you've done a No, No and then back off a notch.

You've seen pictures of my "Breg" brace, what brand is yours? I'm way overdue for a new brace, have 13 years of use on the current one so I'd appreciate knowing the brand of yours as well as seeing a picture of it, it will help with my shopping around for the new one.

Stretching is an Important part of getting back in shape! In May I purchased a book, "Anatomy of Stretching" by Craig Ramsay and it is money worth spending for this book. Very good pictures with simple verbal guides to learn how to stretch muscles a person never even knew they had, I love the book as well as the benefit of stretching. On my recent BPing trip I did stretches while hiking as well as after getting to camp and I had Zero muscle cramping, usually have quite a bit. Once I started stretching I then started playing around with other body positions to catch a few more muscles in the area and I've found this to be helpful as well. The thing here is to do them takes time away from other things so, I've currently a two hour stretching & exercise program that I thought up myself and it is well worth it. I am just turning 69.167 years of age and I feel great. Also, I WANT To Be OUT There so investing time in exercise is like saving money in a bank, a little at a time just builds up and keeps building for ME!

Keep at it and you will get back to where you want to be...................63bkpkr

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a little knee trouble. I took the head off of a "D" handle shovel and mounted it on a regular long shovel handle. I basically ended up with a long handle shovel with a small head. It is very easy to dig with and doesn't take out big chunks of dirt like a full size shovel.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am supposed to be measured for my custom brace this week and then no telling how long before I actually get it, but I will definitely get you some pics and specs for it as soon as I can. And the shovel idea is a good one I will be getting me one of those soon hopefully as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread