First real zippo!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    WhatUpMyDIGGA?

Jun 2013
    Utah
    Garrett GTI 1500 Garrett AT Pro
    15 times
    Metal Detecting

First real zippo!

Found a cool zippo on Father's Day. Did a little research and narrowed it down to between 1957-1960. Also found some old pennies. Really excited to hit this up on an all dayer. With this big metal find doesn't looked liked anybody has dug this area. I was out there for only an hour. I like virgin ground!
    Attachment 815435 Attachment 815436 Attachment 815434

us
    its never lost

Mar 2013
    mass North Attleboro
    Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
    811 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice find looks good, gotta love being the first to swing thr detector

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA)
    16003 times
    Any find is a nice find awkisan.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    43182 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Cool find

You should send it in for a new insert.

They will send the damaged parts back
    only it will include a new insert.

only cost is the postage to mail it to them

http://www.zippo.com/customercare/repairs.aspx

being pretty much destroyed,
    I never bothered with most of the steps.

I just used a small padded envelope,
    a Note saying I found it with a Detector
    and asking if they can repair. And My address & phone #

no insurance.

when the lid was broken off,
    or rusted shut, they would just send me a New lighter,
    along with the old one.

When it was just the guts that are bad like yours,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1656615005.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	815487

they would remove the guts & Slide in a new one,
    then mail it & the old guts back.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 18, 2013 at 03:11 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9498 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    What's your definition of "old" pennies? photo?

us
    May 2013
    Tampa, Florida
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT - TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO - Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    322 times
    /em agrees with Jeff Of PA, All zippo lighters come with an unconditional lifetime guarantee, just send it to them and they will repair or replace for free
    WoW, took me so long to find this edit signature thing I have now forgotten what I wanted to add, G. R.r.r.r.r.r

us
    WhatUpMyDIGGA?

Jun 2013
    Utah
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    I was excited about the zippo and didn't even think about posting the pennies.

Name:	image-2734886770.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	509.4 KB 
ID:	815507

Name:	image-933432362.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	498.6 KB 
ID:	815508
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-343755187.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	528.5 KB 
ID:	815509  

us
    WhatUpMyDIGGA?

Jun 2013
    Utah
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    I appreciate everybody's comments and advice. I'm glad I found this website. Now I can "bug" fellow dignerds and leave my wife (who doesn't give a flip) alone with my treasures. Thanks everybody!

us
    its never lost

Mar 2013
    mass North Attleboro
    Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
    811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by awkisan View Post
    I appreciate everybody's comments and advice. I'm glad I found this website. Now I can "bug" fellow dignerds and leave my wife (who doesn't give a flip) alone with my treasures. Thanks everybody!
    Haha anytime buddy its What we r all here for not one of us knows everything about everything & that makes it great cuz theres a S load of people knowlegable people on here

us
    Jan 2012
    Western NC
    Garrett's
    322 times
    Metal Detecting
    You are correct. It is a 1957 Zippo.
    Never buy anything you have to feed or paint. ---Old Hobo Wisdom---

us
    WhatUpMyDIGGA?

Jun 2013
    Utah
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte Deux View Post
    You are correct. It is a 1957 Zippo.
    Thnks for the confirmation. I found an entire website about zippo lighters. It was an interesting read. Mint ones in the original box sell for upwards of $400. Crazy crazy!

us
    Jan 2012
    Garrett Ace250 Minelab Safari
    402 times
    Looks almost just like the one I found. Does urs say 10k filles gold on the bottom.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4615 times

Sweet Pennies

I believe I'm seeing 1935 & 1937 as dates on the pennies and if that is the case then you have found yourself a great spot! Not only are the dates old but the coins are in very good condition so the ground is not corrosive in nature. I would not be away from that spot for very long! Also, great pictures!..............63bkpkr and the best of luck

Oh, about the wife - the first time you walk in with a nice gold w/diamond ring she will change her mind, have it appraised before you show it to her so you know the nitty gritty details as she will be interested in them as well. Understand here I spoke of showing it to her not giving it to her as a ring like that will pay for some very nice accessories or even a new detector. But it will be your call about giving it or allowing it to be taken
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    WhatUpMyDIGGA?

Jun 2013
    Utah
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post
    I believe I'm seeing 1935 & 1937 as dates on the pennies and if that is the case then you have found yourself a great spot! Not only are the dates old but the coins are in very good condition so the ground is not corrosive in nature. I would not be away from that spot for very long! Also, great pictures!..............63bkpkr and the best of luck

Oh, about the wife - the first time you walk in with a nice gold w/diamond ring she will change her mind, have it appraised before you show it to her so you know the nitty gritty details as she will be interested in them as well. Understand here I spoke of showing it to her not giving it to her as a ring like that will pay for some very nice accessories or even a new detector. But it will be your call about giving it or allowing it to be taken
    If I found a nice diamond ring, I might resize it to an 11 and wear it to show her how's us nerd dirt diggers "Roll". She thinks I'm nuts. I'll go dig at the drop of a hat. I just bought her a coin master so she can go dig too.

us
    WhatUpMyDIGGA?

Jun 2013
    Utah
    15 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post

I know you shouldn't clean coins but I used an old family secret of Alka seltzer and WD -40 and a secret potion. Works like a charm and doesn't seem to harm coins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links