a day for the history books !!!!!!!!!!

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 80 yr old grandfather just came up from Florida today . well when i first see him he tells me about how he doesnt think he will be around much longer and hands me a 1774 spanish coin which he said my great grandfather collected a couple dozen of them its in AU condition and is i think a silver cobb. Then him and i went out in the woods next to my parents house to go detecting which ive combed through a hundred times however grampa wanted to go out and i was hungover and tired from working 14 hrs on sunday so i figured i would humor him by going out there for a couple hours. Well we get out there and end up on the top of a hill where a bee starts swarming as i get a sweet hit ! My grampa runs away cause of the bee but i went back to the spot and dig maybe 3 inches down when i saw what i thought was a piece of machinery until i pull it out . It was the clasp of a coin purse with 2 indian heads stuck in it (1899/1903)! I start screaming to grampa he comes runnin up and says theres more keep diggin i pull two wheats both 1911 then a 1906 barber half in AU. by that time im freakin out my first solid hit ever ! So we move on and start going down another trail while listening to grampa talk about me winning the lotto and good luck finding something that again for a while . Then BAM! i get a solid reading again 1817 large cent I start dancing the jig and grampa was star struck ! WOW what a time of bonding with my grampa who knows how much longer we have together . Oh yah and these finds come off the back of my 1749 copper i just found!

Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible day!

We need pictures please!

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW... great finds and good times!! SOOOO...whatta ya doin tomorrow, I'm not too far away8-)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding tanz.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, Grand Pa has a lot more energy then I do at 63. The bees would have had me.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha great times good thing u went out sounds like some nice coins

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to the photos? Your camera broke?? :laughing7: Nice finds!

OP
OP
tanz 82

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im the only 30 yr old that doesnt know anything about technology so ill have to get my 11 yr old daughter to put up the photos LOL

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Time with your Grandpa beats everything, but wow finds you have there :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread