Greenie
Jun 22, 2013
wilson county, tenn
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wison county tn 1800's farm

I own this farm, the old house burn't down, 1932, tenament house built and last occupied in the 40's, collapsed and rotted away. I have taken a bobcat and scraped the top ground, tin and tick bearing plants away. Are any of you professionals willing to give me a crash course in detecting, as i have very little experience, in exchange for hunting the area with me? I have a gamma 6000. Anything you find under estimated value of $200 you keep. anything above, we split. There is a lot of trash, nails, horseshoes, bullet casings, in the area. but have found 1 toy gun, 30 marbles, standing eagle button, pocket knife in bad shape, files, axe head and watch/clock parts. I am looking to learn so there will be lots of questions and looking over your shoulder to learn techniques and use. Oh and we don't have to fill in our holes. looking for knowledgeable person willing to share the know how. Thanks
p.s. there is still poison ivy and ticks and chiggers to contend with.

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does sound interesting to do & I dont mind lending knowlege out to those WHO wanna learn , problem im far away from ya so im no help first tip fill in the holes reguardless its ur property it' ll give u more practice on digging plugs & really ur already on the ground anyway so y not just sweep the dirt bfor u stand takes a second to do well wish i was closer, good luck

OP
OP
B

bkamusic

Greenie
Jun 22, 2013
wilson county, tenn
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the hole filling, but the area will be graded and smoothed after i am satisfied most has been found. Slight hillside with a creek at the bottom, beautiful site to sit and enjoy when I am done. And I have only dug 2 or 3 targets that did not yield 3 or more trinkets. some of the targets were belgian horse shoes. When rakeing the ground around a marble, one shovel brought out 4 more. so I just dug the area. Found the standing eagle button in the same hole. you cannot ground grab for the amount of nails, broken tools and old farm stuff in this area. but I do on a single target rake it back in. thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
B

bkamusic

Greenie
Jun 22, 2013
wilson county, tenn
Detector(s) used
Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
801.JPG 802.JPG

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i would make a sifter and sift through all the dirt

arrowheadted

Jun 2, 2012
My name is Ted, I live in Rutherford county. I have been metal detecting for 3 years and am a active member of the middle Tennessee metal detector club. I would be interested in sharing my knowledge and would enjoy detecting a site like this one. The split you suggest sound very fair also. I have Wednesday and weekends off and can meet you at any time works for you (and my wife). It looks like you may have some ww2 maneuver relics on the site also, rifle caseings and button look like ww2 to me. I have a Garrett at pro and love it, and have 2 screen sifters too. If you are interested please let me know and I will private message you my cell phone #. Thanks,
Ted

Last edited:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you are doing pretty well without help!

bcurrey

Feb 22, 2013
I live in Rutherford County as well. I would be willing to pass on my knowledge of metal detecting that I've gained over the last 4....weeks. I've found lots of old wire and beer tabs, but my most valuable item has been some rusty nail clippers at beach. In all seriousness though, I would love to get out and hunt with you. Shoot me a PM if you are up for it and I'll send you my number. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread