Call 1-800-889-0229 Oppose HB2078 Call Soon

C

cachenut

Our legislature in Richmond has established an 800 number we can call to voice our opposition to HB2078. Please do so and soon. The message you leave will be forwarded to your delegate and senator. It will help them determine what to do. You actually talk to a person who asks your name and address and sends your message to your district representatives. 1-800-889-0229. M-F 8:30-5:00.

Please call them and express your opinions. If you can, ask them to eliminate Section 2307 and 2308. These are the sections that make it a crime to hunt or sell relics without written permission.

This bill also allows the state archaeologist to declare State Archaeological Sites on private land and these will be off limits to us. I believe this can already be done to an extent but the bill establishes a position of State Archaeologist whose job it is do this and other tasks. The bill gives this position a lot of authority. I for one do not want a State Archaeologist because they are so antagonistic toward metal detecting.

Because they placed into the bill two sections that will harm hobby relic hunting I think they made their position very clear.

Please make our position clear and if you can, in good conscience, ask them to eliminate Sections 2307 and 2308 and to vote against Bill 2078 when it comes up for a vote.

Thank You,
Joe Wolfe

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

cachenut

Call Soon Monday

It needs to be done.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON't let the bad guys win. CALL

OP
OP
C

cachenut

UNDATED (AP) - The General Assembly has set up a toll-free hotline for citizens to leave opinions for their representatives in the House of Delegates and the state Senate. Starting tomorrow, the line will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. each workday through February 25th. The toll-free number is 1-800-889-0229.

Its already happening.

VA Residents only.

If you get to this party late the doors may close in front of you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions