t2 se or at pro

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone have any input . i just talked to bart at big boy hobbies . he says the at pro is better all around. especially in town. he says the t2 is too noisy and is hindered by power lines. He says the at pro is best bang for under $1000. people that have had experience with both. please chime in.
looking for some more input.

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive only used the pro in what ur asking I totaly agree with Bart that the pro is very good machine & no other ones will give u the waterproof either

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no experience with the T2 but I do have experience with other "high end" machines and I much prefer the ATP to anything I've used thus far as all around detector.
FWIW...I do have another machine that is quite noisy as well and it can be somewhat annoying at times.

The Governor

Greenie
Jul 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Too many to list.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In my opinion, the AT Pro is wonderful for older relics. It can find coin and all that stuff too though. It's a rugged little machine. If Bart is recommending it over the other, then that's probably the correct choice.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you plan on hunting water at all I say the ATP, if you don't plan getting wet - T2 can be as sharp or as dull as you want. I actually wish I could afford both of these!

Been eyeing both pretty hard for a bit now. If you got a place in mind with water go for the AT man.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75 is a killer machine not far from your price, too.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im still stuck. and this is probably the last metal detector i plan on buying for a while.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im leaning to getting the at pro and the 5x8 for the same price as a used t2se. so what im trying to say. is the t2 that much better ?

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75 is a killer machine not far from your price, too.

T2 and F75 are practically the same detector. Think the F75 has one or two small opts on the menu/ in the software that the T2 does not.

T2 SE comes with 2 coils for $200 less, if you get it from Big Boy Hobbies, think you get a set of grey ghosts and a Lesche.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im leaning to getting the at pro and the 5x8 for the same price as a used t2se. so what im trying to say. is the t2 that much better ?

I think the T2 is technically better, but you can't get the box wet?!?!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T2 and F75 are practically the same detector. Think the F75 has one or two small opts on the menu/ in the software that the T2 does not.

T2 SE comes with 2 coils for $200 less, if you get it from Big Boy Hobbies, think you get a set of grey ghosts and a Lesche.

That sounds like a damb good deal from Bart id look at one myself but I gotta slow down on machine buying lol

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a t2 and very happy with it and its little chattery but once u get settings down it works great . It's a fast machine I can tell what's a bottle cap or trash , I never used a atpro so I can't compare them.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a t2 and very happy with it and its little chattery but once u get settings down it works great . It's a fast machine I can tell what's a bottle cap or trash , I never used a atpro so I can't compare them.

I know what you mean! I've used the ATP a little not much really- about 15 or 20 minutes but I was really impressed.

In contrast I've never swung an F75 or T2 but from everything I've read they're bad to the bone! But.... They're not waterproof at the box like the ATP!

It really just depends on your plans- where you wanna hunt I guess?!?! I say the ATP still just for the water factor! If I could only choose one....def the ATP.. A few bucks cheaper too- may be better to start with???

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a t2 se from Bart two weeks ago. I was hunting under powerlines yesterday and it was very chatty but still hit hard on bullets and casings 7 to 8 inches deep. Atp probably better allround but t2 probably better at relics. It seems to win the Grand National relic hunt more than any other detector.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a t2 se from Bart two weeks ago. I was hunting under powerlines yesterday and it was very chatty but still hit hard on bullets and casings 7 to 8 inches deep. Atp probably better allround but t2 probably better at relics. It seems to win the Grand National relic hunt more than any other detector.

At 13 hertz it should be good at hitting on gold too! I've read it is?!?!

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I don't know if I would buy a new F-75, but I just bought a used one with both 5" and 11" coils, covers for both coils and the screen/battery compartment, Koss headphones, and a carry bag. It was only $550. The machine is deeeep.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still stuck between these two . I am probably going to go with the brand new at pro and a new pro pointer and a 5x8 coil.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if I would buy a new F-75, but I just bought a used one with both 5" and 11" coils, covers for both coils and the screen/battery compartment, Koss headphones, and a carry bag. It was only $550. The machine is deeeep.

Score!!! You can't beat that man.

OP
OP
C

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what im going to do . unless someone in northeast ohio has a t2 ltd I can check out .. and they seem to hold their value well. does the t2 have a weird ass hook up for the headphones like atp ? definitely have to get the headphone adapter for the atp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread