New Hunter in GA

MDfever

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2013
Hello everyone!! This is my first time on any discussion board/ group but I have started metal detecting or from what I see on here it is Hunting and I LOVE IT!!. But I am looking for help from some of the guys who know the ropes. I don't want to get in trouble and I am a beginner, so I don't have many places to try. Any suggestions where I would be allowed to dig? I do have a pinpointer coming so I am getting better. But are there any groups or anything in this state? Meetings or anything?

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stone mountain treasure hunters. Can't say I've heard of another club. Try schools, parks. Fairgrounds, beaches.

Out in Bethlehem (near Athens) if your in the area drop a line and we'll do some digging.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First welcome to tnet if u have questions on anything really this is the best place u can b lots of great people here. Places there endless I beleive some were mentioned u can also try on the bottom of the site look for treasurenet by location click on ur state & ull find others in ur área clubs etc. Have fun learn ur machine & watch the vids on it more u know about it more fun ur gonna have just take it slow & enjoy hh

OP
OP
MDfever

MDfever

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2013
Peachtree city here. Found my first stud earring couple of days ago. Anyone good with padlocks? I was out in Charleston detecting in one of my aunts back yards and found one with a slightly fancy "s" on one side. Will post pictures tonight.

smugglersbluez

Jan 10, 2013
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro , Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you checked out starrs mill? Also ptc has no shortage of soccer fields...great place to find jewelery.

Last edited:

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty if good stuff down there for sure, lots of cool spots I can think of. I lived there for about two years, used to do a few loops on the golf cart paths.

Get a bike and throw your detector on your back. I'd hit them lakes around the benches for sure and I know I've seen people swimming there too. Crazy place, think you could live there and never need a car. Golf cart to everywhere. Have fun.

Vizzio

Jun 11, 2012
Missoula, MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2 w/ 11" DD Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to live near PTC, maybe swing by Tyrone, it's an old town. They also have the GA Renaissance fair in a field just off 85 near fairburn and that might be a good place to check out if you can find the owner. Just a thought :) Welcome btw :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread