LOOPS making me LOOPY!!!

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Hello all! ;D
First off I apologise if this is in the wrong area but looks to me that this is where the action is.
Does anyone out there have any experience or comments on using the "Jimmy Sierra" brand of "Big Foot" type loops. I see that there are 2 models to choose from. An 18" and 9" model. I was looking at the 9" one for use on my White's MXT. I am currently using the stock loop that came with my detector. I like it and all but I see where everyone seems to be using these "double d" types. These tout that designation as well. I've found a lot of oval shaped ones out there but these are rectangular. I have no idea as to whether that is significant or not. I do know about the "foot print" deference between the round and oval types and was wondering if this rectangular model has any added benefit to it or not. As always thanks for taking the time to read and answer this for me. Happy hunting!

P.S. And to those that took the time to answer my last post in regards to packing or shipping my detector to Michigan this spring. It looks like shipping it won out. Not too many people trust the airlines any more with their luggage.

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone will read this and give you some great help. Hang in there

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have an 18" Bigfoot that I use with my XLT. I will cover alot of ground as you don't have to overlap your swings. It seems to get average depth but I use it mainly just to see what is out there. If I am relic hunting I use it to find an area that has iron, nails, etc. and then I switch to the 5.3 for better discrimination. Ground balancing is done by air balancing first and then placing just the front of the Bigfoot on the ground with the rear raised at about 45 degrees. Pinpointing is easy too as you pull the coil away from you until the target goes null. Push it back until you get sound and the object will be under the mark on the coil. I like it and it has a place in my "arsenal". HH!
Mike

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
Hello wheezy. I don't post to much but do a lot of reading here an other web sites this site is one of the best. I've looked a lot for info on the big foot coil best I can figure is not to many people use one. I read its real good near power lines cuts down on EMI interference. so I put one on my Christmas list an my wife got me one. so far only used it for 4 weeks now the ground froze. so far its fun to use it covers a large path. its lighter than my 1400 DD coil. target separation is real good found coins real close to iron. it is real good with EMI I was able to get right up to the poles without a problem. depth so far only about 6" still not bad with a 19" sweep. I feel I'm not going to miss to many targets. hope to hit some targets deeper have to wait till spring to find out. pinpointing is great an easy. it doesn't like heavy trash but most big coils don't they like big open space. so far I like it real fun to use. only tried it on my dfx didn't get to try it on my mxt yet. I'm going to get the hotfoot also I hope its as good. hope this helps.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to love the Bigfoot coil. I haven't used one on a Whites, but have the same coil called a Clean Sweep Coil for my Tesoro Tiger Shark. I use it when I have a huge area to cover like soccore fields, beaches, etc. Works well in the water too. If you run into a trashy area, just pull the coil back and slide it forward to id the targets right in front of the edge. It should work the same way on a DFX.

HH,
Sandman

OP
OP
Wheezy

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Thanks to all who answered. And my apologies for posting in the wrong area. Looks like a "Hot Foot" is in my near future.
Happy Hunting!

Wheezy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions