cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go by what the manufacturer says to use. I know on some of the older machines that used a 9 volt, they didn't have a voltage regulator inside, so the rechargeable batteries didn't work right because they were slightly different in voltage from the regular batteries. I had one machine always give me a low battery reading even with a fully charge one so I had to use the regular type.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are able to get out alot, or your machine is hard on batteries, then rechargeables are usually a good way to go. I tend to stick with good quality alkalines as I don't often get out quite enough for battery life to be an issue.
luvsdux

OP
OP
U

uklfester

Dec 17, 2012
Wimer, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i work at a concert venue and they dont have a problem with me swinging my detector there, i am there a few times a week and usually stay the night so i can party with my coworkers. so battery life will be an issue i believe. ill read my manual (when it gets here, was saposta be today but grrr) and then do a comparison on battery life i think.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're hunting on a regular basis and your machine has an internal voltage regulator, the rechargeables are the way to go. Some machines rely totally on the actual battery voltage which can make the machine erratic if it's too high or low. The voltage output on a rechargeable can vary quite a bit from fully charged to dead. The alkalines have a more uniform voltage decay from full charge to empty.

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Sanyo Eneloops in my AT Pro but it takes AA's. I'm pretty sure Sanyo doesn't make 9v's in their eneloop brand. I use a lot of rechargeable batteries and find these to be the best. I know it doesn't help your 9v needs but if others are looking for AA or AAA, these wont disappoint. They very low self discharge rate is the bet I've seen. Personally, I'd use rechargeable 9v's.

Good luck.
Joe

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello uklfester, I don't know what MD'er you ordered but I just recently (past 6 mo.) bought a Tesoro Vaquero (9 volt). I have had real good luck just using the Dollar Store brand. I bought a 2-pack for a buck and am still using the first battery. I get to hunt 2-3hrs per hunt and have 7 hunts on this battery. Not sure how long it is going to last- but when I turn the MD on it still sounds off with 5 or 6 tones to let me know that the battery is still supplying sufficient voltage to operate well.
I haven't found anything great- yet- but I'm still digging signals at 9"+, usually iron- but I know it is.
As you can tell- 7 hunts in 6 months isn't much hunting but it is still on the same battery. go figure.

HH yelnif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread