my wife made me look bad!

crbub

Jun 23, 2013
Panola County, Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only been detecting a little while. I haven't been detecting much and the oldest thing I'be found is a 1966 penny. So yesterday we leave Texas to go visit my son in Virginia close to Washington DC. So my wife says we Don't have room for my detector in the car. She needs all these clothes but no detector. Go figure. But any way she knows I like old coins. She comes out of a truck stop and says ok look here is you a wheat penny. I am devastated. I can't find one detecting and she goes into a truck stop and gets a 1944 wheat. I may need to get her hooked on the hobby. With a detector who knows what she may find? Oh well I needed to vent to people who might understand my pain. Thanks for listening. I'll just have to hunt harder.

Upvote 0

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha, great story! Don't feel bad though, my only silver coin came out of a vending machine at work.

mcomijohns

Jun 23, 2013
I just got back in to the hobby after shattering my leg 9/11/11 sucked because i had to give up this hobby for a while i been back in it for about 2+ months and found 16 silver pieces nothing today but maybe in the morning :-) good lucks all. All i can say is do your reasearch it does pay off.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get wheats all the time in change and the ground. When I worked at circle k I would take a roll of pennies just to trade them out. I have a 1912 wheat and every year from the 40s. Lol well just looked for my 1912 looks like it got spent:( problay never see another one of those:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread