clearing brush

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites- Coinmaster Pro, Garrett- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a brush hog nor do I know how others clear brush ,but this is how I do it... Well I start off cutting down small trees ,thornbushes, shrubs etc.. next I clean up the mess of all the sticks and stuff I cut down. Then I take the lawn mower and cut the tall grass and whatever else is left over.. just a tip to anyone looking to clear out areas with thick brush..

Upvote 0

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
harbor freight sells a propane torch wand that attaches to the fuel cylinder of a gas grill for like 20 bucks. Works great at clearing weeds/brush. Scorched earth approach.

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
harbor freight sells a propane torch wand that attaches to the fuel cylinder of a gas grill for like 20 bucks. Works great at clearing weeds/brush. Scorched earth approach.

They work really well, my father in law bought one a few weeks ago and we cleared a hill side in minutes. Just be sure to be careful if you are doing a large area with either woods or structures nearby.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately most guys don't realize that ground you are removing brush from at one day might have been a park. They would rather hunt school yards where the grass is cut.

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On large brush & small trees you can double wrap a chain
around the base and jerk it out with your truck. Just don't
tie it onto todays flimsy bumpers, the brush might just win
that pull.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pick up phone, call guy with brush hog. I'll saw down the trees in advance but for a couple hundred bucks, he can do in a few hours what would take me a week with hand tools. The value of my time just doesn't allow for that.

Also, no chance I'm lighting wild vegetation ablaze and expecting that to consistently turn out well. If I saw my neighbors doing that, I would definitely get white-hot pissed off and it would be a confrontation. I don't care what someone else does to earn their Darwin Award but I'll be damned if I'm going to lose my house because their 'creative methods' didn't turn out as planned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites- Coinmaster Pro, Garrett- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a large enough spot that would make a brush hog worth it nor do I have 200 bucks to throw around. whatever floats your boat lol... and only you can prevent forest fires lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread