Upvote 0

tnTesoro

Jun 24, 2013
Mt. Juliet, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A smaller coil will help in trashy sites. But, if you don't want to miss the gold you need to dig everything.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig every and all repeatable signals, I think is what he means. If they aren't repeatable then they're probably ghost or false signals- you won't find anything digging those!

Even if you think it's a tab, the one you don't dig could always be that 10 or 14 karat gold ring???

OP
OP
L

lededoop5125

Jul 11, 2013
North-East Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites- Coinmaster Pro, Garrett- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do dig everything repeatable but I see people pulling silvers by digging iffy and bouncy signals... what are those signals like

tnTesoro

Jun 24, 2013
Mt. Juliet, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found a lot of jewelry but what I have found has almost always been an "iffy" signal. I've learned you have to dig a lot of trash to find the good stuff.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As mentioned, use a small coil and work the area REAL slow from several different angles. Any good signals mixed in the bad ones should be dug.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get a decent target signal when you swing past it, and the same signal on the swing back, that's a good sign.
If you turn 90 deg and get the same results, that's a real good sign. If you are using a detector with ID and the number stays fairly stable, that's also a good sign.
What you dig up may not be gold, silver, or even a coin. But that's the kind of target you want in a trashy area without digging everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread