Garrett AT Pro or Whites Eagle Spectrum

spcfarr2000

Jun 17, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 And Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the whites eagle spectrum and was wondering if I should sell that to get the Garrett AT Pro? I like the whites but want something newer and lighter. And was wondering if I would have the same capabilities from the Garrett. Would like some opinions on what people think. Selling the whites eagle spectrum and a whites 5900 pro sl on ebay. But didn't know what I should replace them with after I sell them.

Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my AT Pro. So much in fact I got rid of my MXT Pro because I wasn't using it anymore and I LOVED my MXT Pro!

One thing you mentioned was getting a lighter weight machine...while the ATP is in fact lighter but it's balance is quite a bit worse than what your Eagle is. This can be rectified by getting a 5x8 coil. DO NOT be worried about losing depth with the smaller coil. It still hits the deepies just fine, separated better than a divorce lawyer, balances out the ATP nicely and a must have in my opinion.

The ATP is a great detector. The Whites Eagle is a great detector. Both perform well...just different.

I would ask of you, if you like your Whites...why change? If you like it I'd keep it and not spend the money. Maybe get 4x6, 5.3 or maybe 6x8 SEF coil instead of jumping into a new machine. It will definitely lighten up your detector and still get decent depth. Just something to consider.

OP
OP
spcfarr2000

spcfarr2000

Jun 17, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 And Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do like the whites but I think k the tones on the atp would be a nice upgrade. And other things on it also. I think I need to read up on upgrades.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do like the whites but I think k the tones on the atp would be a nice upgrade. And other things on it also. I think I need to read up on upgrades.

The tones on the ATP are nice. It took a bit for me to warm up to em but I do like em. Some of the other thing I really like about it are how well it work on bottle caps with it's tone roll, it's iron audio works really nice and it's waterproof (to a point).

It has it's downsides too. The plug access is horrible making installing/tightening a PITA , 8.5x11 coil makes it fairly unbalanced, the battery holder can crack pretty easy, cam locks aren't the best (not bad but not good). I didn't care for the stock headphones either. I like cheap Garretts just as well and they're much lighter(have to use ¼" adapter).

Oh it has it's haters for sure. Mostly from boobs that have never used or had very limited usage of one. But overall it's a fine fine machine.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you need the waterproof feature, I'd keep the White's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions