Books.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few I got from Amazon for my Kindle. Nice reads, but you get all the same info here on this web site. JMHO.

OP
OP
O

OCPickle

Greenie
Aug 14, 2013
The land of fruit and nuts
Detector(s) used
Working on it...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. I'm familiar with Google as it lead me here. Actually it was Bing as I have found I like that more. The problem with a search engine is that it can not tell me if a book has useful information, is too technical, is not technical enough, or was written at a third grade level. I am hoping someone with actual first hand knowledge of a book or author would chime in.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don;t know what type of MD you are using. I purchased one for the MineLab Safari that helped me a great deal The Minelab Quattro/Safari Hand Book. This book has been mentioned on this many times. Go to youtube with the name of your MD, they have a lot of videos. I also got the treasure hunter hand book, which lead me to this site. I am looking for a book with good treasure stories. If you run across any of them pass it on.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start with a couple books specific to your metal detector if you can find them. Next, I would look for some solid "basics" books by Garrett (regardless of detector used), Von Mueller, Sabich. Depending on what type of hunting you are doing, there are a lot of specific books for coins, jewelry, beach, relics, etc.

OP
OP
O

OCPickle

Greenie
Aug 14, 2013
The land of fruit and nuts
Detector(s) used
Working on it...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those answers helped. I have found in mother applications/hobbies that mfgr books tend to be self serving. Hopefully the mfgr books in MD will be better. I just found a MD store in my area so I will check that out.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the Garrett books do tend to "advertise" their own stuff, but you kind of expect that from any manufacturer. They were one of the first manufacturers, and the owner was an avid detectorist. His books have a ton of knowledge in them that applies to all brands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread