Best search coil for the X-terra 705?

Guldgrävaren_98

May 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello guys! I´m thinking of buying a new search coil for my X-terra 705. I´m pretty happy with the coil that came with the detector but I don´t think it´s picking up any good signals for small objects like neckless, bracelets, earrings etc... I´ve done some tests on those kind of objects, but it comes up as non,bad or iron signals. I want to find good stuff like gold bracelets or stuff like that but as it´s now I don't. So I simply wonder which search coil is the best for jewellry hunting, on the beach, on grass fields, anywhere. Is it even worth to buy a new coil? I mean it´s a lot of money and if it doesn´t perform better than the old one it´s not worth it. Please help me...

Upvote 0

envguy

May 13, 2009
southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
which coil do you have and where do you do most of your detecting?

OP
OP
G

Guldgrävaren_98

May 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello envguy! I´m using the 7,5 kHz coil, that one which came with the detector when I bought it. I mostly detect on grass fields and some times on the beaches. Unfortunately we don´t have that much beaches where I live, most of them are local beaches around the lakes. I´ll go to Gran Canaria, Puerto de Mogán, next month and of course I´ll bring my detector. I´ll hunt on the beach, searching for lost gold and jewelry. Sometimes I´ve got opportunities like that and when I have, it would be necessary to have a coil with pretty good depth and which can find even the tiniest gold chains... Of course I would use the coil on grass fields and places like that also, to recheck and find those objects i didn´t find with the other coil.

OP
OP
G

Guldgrävaren_98

May 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have a look at this article. Interesting reading on Xterra coils.

Thanks that helped me a lot. Haven´t decided me yet but I think I`ll go with the 6" coil, the elliptical 5"x10" looks good but it isn´t waterproof....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread