BH Platinum or Ace 350?

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
White's cm pro and Discovery 1100 with garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
going to upgrade pretty soon. been doing lots of research, watching videos, reading reviews. Down to two that i really like. Bounty Hunter Platinum and Garrett 350. Well these will be in my price range anyway. I'm new to this. My main interest are coins, rings, relics. mostly ground hunting. although i may get a chance to hit a beach later but this will not be my everyday use. maybe swimming holes. i'm still learning and discovering areas to hunt.
So would appreciate any input or advice. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't be enough of an upgrade in my opinion. I'd save up for much better machine.

Confederate74

Aug 17, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my Platinum. I like having a manual ground balance, and the numerical scale. Both of these features are not available on the Ace 350 as far as I know. And I never liked the bell tones on the Ace models, not to mention the lack of volume control. But at the same time Garret makes a great machine. I think the AT pro is as good as it gets for an affordable detector.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It wouldn't be enough of an upgrade in my opinion. I'd save up for much better machine.

+1
Save up a bit and get a better detector when you can afford it. If your really serious about the hobby now that you've gotten your feet wet the higher end machines really make a difference once you learn them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread