Advice on hunting old motel site

harris1

Mar 8, 2013
lexington ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/ace 250
I'm that guy who is always wandering how old a place is as soon as I arrive ( the wheels started spinning the other day) while delivering appliances to a local county near where I live. Sure enough after a lil chat with owner she explains it was a former motel site !! Now I have permission and would like others input on where would be a good place to search ? I am thinking any sidewalks edges and the tot lot with lots of grassy field area !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Upvote 0

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with your thinking, but once you've had a chance to work over the site, you'll know pretty well which areas are trashy and which ones give up some goodies.
luvdux

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a old motel that been turned to apartments. Before that it was a funeral home for the cemetery that's been moved that strecthed for 2 blocks. eI actually live in the old groundskeepers house lol. Anyways I've md this whole place and only find coffin decorations and clad and a old scrap dump. I'd love to get under the black top parking lot. We have a courtyard that at one time was pretty nice for the traveler to sit in. I've sweeped that alot over the last few month but only a old copper decoration and clad. I think the decoration was off a actual dead persons coffin since 6ft from where I dug it got another loud hit! Anyways old motels can pay off if its the right kind but people need to remember back in the old days you didn't walk around with spare change and hundreds of dollars In your pocket like you do now traveling. When you went somewhere you brought your food and did free stuff like sit under a tree lol. Most were going to see family a long ways away or were traveling salesmen that were broke and lived outta their sales trunk and traded their goods for a room since you had to buy your product upfront from the supplier. Basically a traveling store. But you never know till you try.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread