Sentimental Penny Lost Recently in Roanoke Virginia - Can Someone Help?

GAC

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I found this forum searching on the web in hopes of finding an individual that might be able to help me. My sister got married this past weekend at a venue called Sundara in Roanoke, VA and lost a very special penny right after the ceremony. She was standing in a pasture where we were all awaiting photos to be taken when the penny was lost. We know it was lost in an area about 40' in diameter. I am hoping to hire someone in the area with a metal detector, to try and find it for her.

It is of no monetary value but has tremendous sentimental value to her and her husband. A bunch of us looked a while for it but with no success. I would appreciate any help/advice you all could give me.

Looking forwards to hearing from you all,

Upvote 0

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might also check a web site called Lost My Stuff at Lost My Stuff Group - Home Page
I belong to that group and if they have any volunteers in your area they will help you out with their metal detectors for free. We are always up for the challenge of looking for something lost with our metal detectors. From the member map I am betting there has got to be a volunteer close to you there. Just post your item as lost and they will get back to you. Let us know how that works out for you :icon_thumright:
Good luck

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go luck GAC, it will be a quick recovery if you can find someone with a detector in the area. Wish I was closer, it sounds like a fun hunt.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There are closer detectorists than I, but I'm about 90 minutes from Roanoke.

If you get no other offers, and if it legal to metal detect at that location, I'll see if I can help.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm about an hour and a half away. If nobody contacts you from closer, let me know. it might be a few days before I could get up. steve

OP
OP
G

GAC

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you

Thank you all for your advice and gracious offers to help with this; it is greatly appreciated.

I'm going to give it a couple more days to try and find someone in Roanoke but if I can't then I may take one of you up on your offer to go out there for me. I would of course pay for your time, fuel, mileage, etc. whatever you feel is fair for your troubles. I live in Atlanta, GA so I would also call to make arrangements, for whomever goes, to meet with the property manager there at the venue. I will let you all know what I find shortly. Thanks again so very much.

OP
OP
G

GAC

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not great, unfortunately. I have a couple more places that sell metal detectors in the Roanoke area which I have left messages for in hopes they could direct me to someone; I'm hopeful that they will get back to me this week. I'll let you all know what happens :) Thanks for checking up on me :)

Oh yeah, I did post to the "lost my stuff" website -- thanks for that recommendation

Kydigger50

Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GAC, I metal detect and I'm from Kentucky but I'm in Roanoke this week visiting my daughter, have you found anyone to find the coin your sister lost yet, if you haven't I can help you.

OP
OP
G

GAC

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I think that I have found someone (Indian Steve). He was going to have to drive a bit to get to the venue so I could tell him that you are offering to help out since you are right there. How long will you be in Roanoke?

Kydigger50

Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GAC, I'll be here until Saturday, we were going to leave sometime Saturday, My daughter lives in Troutville that's about 45 minutes away from Sundara but I don't mind driving it. I understand the meaning of something with sentimental value. If you need my help let me know.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello i'm in Vinton I sent you a P.M. Don

OP
OP
G

GAC

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2:We found it!!... Well, lynjess50 found it!! Thank you lynjess50 for your time and effort!!

I just wanted to say how appreciative I am of everyone's offer to help me find the penny (specially those of you who are not even very close to the venue and offered to drive the distance), as well as, your hopefully thoughts and posts.

I know it's just a "penny", of no value at that, but my sister will be thrilled. Thank you all.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go lynjess50:notworthy:. And congrats to you gac. And your sister of course.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it was found! :thumbsup:

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the recovery!! Way to go lynjess50! I saw the posting on lostmystuff.net but I'm over 5 hours away. glad you found it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good PR for us "Weird detector guys"...before you know it, people are going to think were normal.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sure they are!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread