DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!
I'm brand new at this and bought a entry level machine to try my hand at it. I searched on the property that I rent and thought it would be a good starting point. Getting the hang of the different tones and settings. There is a lot of junk buried here! Lol.
I had a great time and can tell that I really need a pinpointer so I'm not digging like a gopher! I really am trying to get the hang of the "plug" thing but it's hard not knowing the depth to dig?
Anyway, here is my first stab at it; a wheatie, quarter, penny, spoon and some trash!
I'll get better as I go. It was really fun!

staticmap

image-1936420555.jpg

Upvote 0

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clear a spot in your yard, meaning dig everything so you get no beeps for a good 10 feet square. Lay a tarp or blanket down so you don't lose your items and spread some stuff out. A silver coin, a ring, clad coins, etc, learn the different tones and sounds. Put some junk down also, bottle caps, pull tab, hair clip. The sounds will be slightly different when buried but it'll give you a good starting point with your machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiggerGal

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the tips! Once I dug stuff up, I passed the object by the detector to see if it was the same tone that I started with.
I read a book that kept saying "Dig everything", don't assume that it's junk because you never know.

SavageHunter

May 29, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh...you are hooked now! Nice nice finds!

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig it all! I dug a Nickle/pull tab tone today and struck GOLD!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They say 200 pull tabs to one gold ring...who knows, but I've found it to be approximately true. Nice start on your detecting experience.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome mus1k4u! Looks like you're in my neck of the woods. I can't believe I missed that wheatie! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread