Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other day the arm cuff on my buddies AT Pro broke off. Well the one side of it did anyway, and I was like how hard do you swing that thing? He fixed it with a 3" piece of PVC cut in half, and it works better than the factory and won't break again either.
Well yesterday we were out, and my 350 did the same damn thing. Now before anyone asks, no I don't use the strap, but still it shouldn't break. I have a pretty slow swing, and don't mistreat the thing. Anyone else have this happen? I'm sure Garrett would be happy to fix it, but I don't want the same crap piece of plastic back on, so i'll use the PVC pipe.

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a laugh at all the banter about bashing brands. LOL. I have an AT Pro AND a Whites V3i. Garrett could make their detectors with aluminum control boxes and arm brackets but that light weight IS an advantage on long hunts to those who have them. Both have their niche and people who swear by their brand. Its entertaining to read the "discussions" though.

I totally agree.
I also think alot of the breaks can be avoided by not leaving the detector in a hot vehicle or garage..ect.. also wet down and clean often.
Dry rot is not a good thing.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have broke 2 in the last 2 years, but they dont hesitate to send me another one..its crazy becaus i was rougher with my ACE and never broke that arm cuff.

Im going to do what was mentioned in the OP thou...Putting A solid piece of PVC will help out a ton

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread