Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to MD'ing! I hope your magical "finder" wand arrives soon! Post pics of your finds, it helps all of us get through those "nothing but pull tab" days. HH in your adventure to find the hidden treasures around you. Exciting isn't it!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not quote sure which is worse, waiting for Christmas morning as an 8 year old or waiting for the CTX 3030 to show up at my door as a 38 year old. Im new to the game of hide and seek (md'ing) and the suspense is deafening. I have wanted to get into detecting ever since I had one in my early teens.

Cory

+1 and I couldn't have said it better! Although I've been hunting 6 months with the AT Pro I am not so patiently awaiting the Arrival of a CTX 3030 via Bart at Bigboyshobbies.....thanks Bart! I need to thank my lucky stars for a loving wife who would spend the money for one when I wouldn't have on myself!!!

I always wanted to metal detect but never tried until I retired. I'm surprised I didn't start in the 80's when my buddy owned a house in which the previous owner was thought to have hurried money in the back yard.....hmmmm I need to check it out and do some door knocking....

Anyway congrats on your new detector Cory and welcome to the hobby!

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to MD'ing! I hope your magical "finder" wand arrives soon! Post pics of your finds, it helps all of us get through those "nothing but pull tab" days. HH in your adventure to find the hidden treasures around you. Exciting isn't it!

Been lots of talk about the CTX and how it's had some problems. The way I look at it, they have sold how many thousands of these things. There are far more happy with the CTX that those that are not. Digging pull tabs is better than digging nothing, like they say, worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work.

Cory

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not quote sure which is worse, waiting for Christmas morning as an 8 year old or waiting for the CTX 3030 to show up at my door as a 38 year old. Im new to the game of hide and seek (md'ing) and the suspense is deafening. I have wanted to get into detecting ever since I had one in my early teens. Cory

Stop waiting for that heavy old machine that is designed to only find pull tabs. Give me your address and I will send you am old radio shack model that will beep when you get within 100 feet of any type of metal. When you d get that heavy pulltab machine send it to me and I will store it where my prized radio shack machine used to sit.

Ok, just kidding. Hope you get it soon and have plenty of time to get out. Now that your retired, you can get up early have breakfast get out detecting and be back home in time for lunch then a nap before heading out to detect before dinner.

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A CTX as your first detector, is like having a Mercedes as your first car when you get your drivers license. Your a fortunate man, it's a great machine!! I suggest you use it with the stock programs for a while, until you get used to it's operation and capabilities. It's quite a machine without any tweeking. Once you are comfortable with it's operation, then you can do some tweeking to suit your detecting. I'm sure you'll love it. GOOD LUCK!!

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A CTX as your first detector, is like having a Mercedes as your first car when you get your drivers license. Your a fortunate man, it's a great machine!! I suggest you use it with the stock programs for a while, until you get used to it's operation and capabilities. It's quite a machine without any tweeking. Once you are comfortable with it's operation, then you can do some tweeking to suit your detecting. I'm sure you'll love it. GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for advice.

Cory

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Week, was really hoping to get out this weekend and start learning. MD hasn't arrived yet and since it's Friday, it won't come in till next week. To add to it, Monday is a holiday. Dang, even missing out on a 3 day weekend. Oh well, just have to wait longer...

Cory

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought every day is a holiday in Guam! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, that is true.

Cory

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case anyone is interested in shipping to Guam. The Pangaea go from San Francisco through Hawaii on United flights from what I understand. Since mail goes to Honolulu Post Office they need to be transferred there from the airport for handling, they end up missing the only flight to Guam which leaves at 2:45 PM. Bummer is that since it's a weekend, of it doesn't catch that flight, nothing get through till the following week. 3-day priority mail ends up taking about a week. So the extra cost for priority is useless because you can't catch the only flight in time...sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're lucky you didn't have it sent by Parcel Post! Have you heard the expression "slow boat to China'? :laughing7:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine your suspense. My first detector cost $220. But then I paid another $2000 for carpet, constantly pacing floor to door awaiting the UPS truck. Wish I'd been smart like you. ;)
Welcome and good luck! Peace

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine your suspense. My first detector cost $220. But then I paid another $2000 for carpet, constantly pacing floor to door awaiting the UPS truck. Wish I'd been smart like you. ;)
Welcome and good luck! Peace

Haha. I got lucky actually. I initially was going to get a AT Pro as it fit my budget a little better. Then I seen someone's comment to do whatever needed whether, borrow or get a loan to get a higher end machine. It makes sense as you are not upgrading constantly. Then I came into a little more cash and just had to get the CTX, would be the only chance I get to get a machine like that so I went for it.

Cory

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, today the postman is my friend. CTX got here today and got to at least power it on and play around for an hour or so. Found a whole $0.12. Another 2000 more days like that and it will paid off, haha. None the less, I'm officially a digger. Got my hands dirty finally and it's a great road ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread