Upvote 0

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
15m sounds like imaging equipment territory! Ex$pen$ive!!! Good luck!!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie to metal detecting but it would be great if you guys can help me on a problem that I'm trying to solve. I'm trying to find a metal detector that can detect gold if possible at a depth of 15 Meters, is there such a device? Any chance you guys know some good GPR detectors too????

No, it doesn't exist. Any company claiming anything more than inches (cm for you) is flat out lying.

OP
OP
A

aikions

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know! It's going to get expensive. I heard GeoTech GeoPhysics are meant for this job.

OP
OP
A

aikions

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know right? Some companies like OKM, haha!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I'm a newbie to metal detecting but it would be great if you guys can help me on a problem that I'm trying to solve. I'm trying to find a metal detector that can detect gold if possible at a depth of 15 Meters, is there such a device? Any chance you guys know some good GPR detectors too????

Aikons, "15 meters" is about 49 ft. deep! Why/what the heck do believe that some treasure is .... of neccessity, buried that deep? You'd need heavy equipment to dig a hole that deep! And if this is someone's stashed/hidden cache of olden-times, then why oh why oh why would you think it needs to be that deep? I mean, whether it was put at 3 ft. (1 meter) or 30 or 40 ft, all that would matter is that the surface is indiscernable.

And what size object do you think this is? Individual coins? A jar of coins? A chest of coins? A mack-truck sized object full of coins? No, there's no detector that detects "49 ft. deep", unless you're talking a volkswagon sized object.

Let me venture a guess here: You're not from the USA right? Such is the lore and superstition of certain cultures. That they believe that goodies are of necessity always buried at insane depths. And humorously, when you show them that there is no signal forth-coming from a 2-box unit in the floor of the cave they brought you to (or wherever), it's NEVER because there's not a treasure there. It's always because "it must be deeper". So if you dig 10 ft. and nothings there, well then by golly, it must be 20 ft. deep. And if you dig 20 ft. deep and nothing's there, then by golly it must be 30 ft. And so on, and so forth, till you're miles deep. But at no time is there *not* a treasure there mind you.

OP
OP
A

aikions

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aikons, "15 meters" is about 49 ft. deep! Why/what the heck do believe that some treasure is .... of neccessity, buried that deep? You'd need heavy equipment to dig a hole that deep! And if this is someone's stashed/hidden cache of olden-times, then why oh why oh why would you think it needs to be that deep? I mean, whether it was put at 3 ft. (1 meter) or 30 or 40 ft, all that would matter is that the surface is indiscernable.

And what size object do you think this is? Individual coins? A jar of coins? A chest of coins? A mack-truck sized object full of coins? No, there's no detector that detects "49 ft. deep", unless you're talking a volkswagon sized object.

Let me venture a guess here: You're not from the USA right? Such is the lore and superstition of certain cultures. That they believe that goodies are of necessity always buried at insane depths. And humorously, when you show them that there is no signal forth-coming from a 2-box unit in the floor of the cave they brought you to (or wherever), it's NEVER because there's not a treasure there. It's always because "it must be deeper". So if you dig 10 ft. and nothings there, well then by golly, it must be 20 ft. deep. And if you dig 20 ft. deep and nothing's there, then by golly it must be 30 ft. And so on, and so forth, till you're miles deep. But at no time is there *not* a treasure there mind you.

Actually, I'm from the US. I'm getting this device not for myself but for a friend. He found a tomb not too long ago and it had a gold statue size of your first or so. He had to dig about 10 meters down to get it out, a lot of work, even saw the videos. I hope this answer your question. I probably need GPR Geophysics imaging, huh?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Actually, I'm from the US. I'm getting this device not for myself but for a friend. He found a tomb not too long ago and it had a gold statue size of your first or so. He had to dig about 10 meters down to get it out, a lot of work, even saw the videos. I hope this answer your question. I probably need GPR Geophysics imaging, huh?

A tomb then? (as opposed to someone's buried cache). Hmm, I suppose "tombs" could be that deep. Wasn't some of the Egyptian tombs super deep by design?

But now you're talking tombs, graves, etc... (as opposed to caches type things).

As for the fist-sized object that you say was 10 meters, that's ~30 ft. No, there's no metal detector .... not even "geophysics imaging", that can get a fist-sized object to 30 ft. Sorry. How did your friend find that fist sized object at that depth? I suppose he was digging randomly where he knew a tomb to be, and THEN found it once he was *already* at that depth?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Post a link to those videos!

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Aikons,
Look up Accurate Locators or call them.
Rich

OP
OP
A

aikions

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A tomb then? (as opposed to someone's buried cache). Hmm, I suppose "tombs" could be that deep. Wasn't some of the Egyptian tombs super deep by design?

But now you're talking tombs, graves, etc... (as opposed to caches type things).

As for the fist-sized object that you say was 10 meters, that's ~30 ft. No, there's no metal detector .... not even "geophysics imaging", that can get a fist-sized object to 30 ft. Sorry. How did your friend find that fist sized object at that depth? I suppose he was digging randomly where he knew a tomb to be, and THEN found it once he was *already* at that depth?

The funny thing was, it was an Egyptian tomb. Haha...

talim

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2013
Manila
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm i'm looking for Japanese gold in Phils and it was buried deep!

They used the prisoners to dig huge holes and buried them inside afterward and placed bombs and cyanide bottles and stuff, so a 1 inch detector we have now at hand will not blink for a ton of gold 10 meter below, sad news...

Since the US had submarines to protect Japanese to flee back home they burried their stuff in Phils, so as much believe and i have a spot that match quite some good criteria, a detector would be appropriate before destroying trees and let the bulldozers have a showeling into the place

Aug 10, 2013
Warren NJ
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm i'm looking for Japanese gold in Phils and it was buried deep!

They used the prisoners to dig huge holes and buried them inside afterward and placed bombs and cyanide bottles and stuff, so a 1 inch detector we have now at hand will not blink for a ton of gold 10 meter below, sad news...

Since the US had submarines to protect Japanese to flee back home they burried their stuff in Phils, so as much believe and i have a spot that match quite some good criteria, a detector would be appropriate before destroying trees and let the bulldozers have a showeling into the place

Better off with geological equipment to detect soil disturbances and cavities...boku dollars

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not gonna comment too much on this but this poses a question.
a vlf detector has two coils in the coil a transmit coil and a receive coil. Don't know too much about it but the transmit coil sends out a pulse then if there is something conductive in the ground it bounces back and gives the receive coil a signal. I wonder if there is a way to boost the amount of signal that is transmitted. more volts, amps? Maybe it's the receive coil that can't pick up anything deeper?

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a chance of finding anything like that. If there was there would companies specializing in seeking buried treasure in tombs etc. Archaeologists would be using them for discovery. Oil companies have trucks they use for deep imaging of the ground to help them assess where to drill for oil.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not gonna comment too much on this but this poses a question.
a vlf detector has two coils in the coil a transmit coil and a receive coil. Don't know too much about it but the transmit coil sends out a pulse then if there is something conductive in the ground it bounces back and gives the receive coil a signal. I wonder if there is a way to boost the amount of signal that is transmitted. more volts, amps? Maybe it's the receive coil that can't pick up anything deeper?

No you can't. The problem is the ground mineralization. When you push the output higher, you get overwhelmed with feedback. Modern detectors are at the peak of power and sensitivity possible. The only way to detect deeper is to use larger coils (like a 2-coil unit) but then you lose the ability to detect small objects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread