Confused¿¿?

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
Went detecting after work last Friday and got a real bouncy signal (Ace 150) nickel to zinc.I dug this. It's marked .925 I know that's silver. Any other silver I've dug always rang silver. Took it to a jeweler and she said its silver but diamonds were fake. Why was i getting a mixed signal???

GOD BLESS!! &. Thanks

Attachments

• image-854003879.jpg
    image-854003879.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 109
  • image-2342069291.jpg
    image-2342069291.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe there was something else in the hole, like a tiny piece of foil. Two targets can give a strange signal.

OP
OP
65chevy

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
Thought about that it still did it when I air tested it. I even tested it on my bounty hunter lone star. Thanks.

GOD BLESS!!!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Small thin silver or chains etc will ring up in the zinc or penny VDI. I found a thin silver ring with 9 diamonds that rang up like a penny last week. You have to dig the zinc and penny signals for the small silver and the really big gold class rings.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the solder they used to join the peice together maybe ?

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few days with a CM GT in a trash park, it is very clear that the VDI is a help but far from accurate. I only have about 20 hours of time into this hobby but it is clear you really need to learn the tones and not rely on the VDI. The deeper the object and poorer the soil the less accurate it becomes. One tip I read that was very helpful is "use your MD for a couple of days and then reread the manual" Just read the section on VDI again for the third time it was helpful again! It is funny how much more info you can pull from a paragraph once you have some experience with the product.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few days with a CM GT in a trash park, it is very clear that the VDI is a help but far from accurate. I only have about 20 hours of time into this hobby but it is clear you really need to learn the tones and not rely on the VDI. The deeper the object and poorer the soil the less accurate it becomes. One tip I read that was very helpful is "use your MD for a couple of days and then reread the manual" Just read the section on VDI again for the third time it was helpful again! It is funny how much more info you can pull from a paragraph once you have some experience with the product.

Ur right I read my manuals oh a couple times every other month or so & I still learn more & more each time hh

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My M6 does the same thing, a good target bounces around in coin range I always dig it. A nice silver bracelet read dime, and a gold pendant read "penny" because the gold was mixed with copper. I was sure glad I was he'll bent on retrieving the penny signal, it was 10" deep, and I had to know what it was, thought it was a copper pipe! Lol!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find ALOT of silver that rings up in the gold range.....its just to small to ring up as silver

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought about that it still did it when I air tested it. I even tested it on my bounty hunter lone star. Thanks.

GOD BLESS!!!
Unless the item is one solid piece, the detector only sees each individual part. Real small silver will read different than larger silver even with the same purity. Also if there are pieces in there that are not silver, that will throw the I.D. meter a curve also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread