Whats the best beginner MDer for the water?

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like to try detecting in the water. I have an ACE 250 that I use on dry land. There is a lake close that has a sand bar out in the middle that everyone has always driven there boats to to swim at (its maybe 3 foot deep). It has been a big hang out for many years. So, Im sure plenty of coin and jewelry has been lost there. What is a good machine to use at this place? Im hoping there is a good water detector that is not very expensive. An Ace 250 for the water. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
Perhaps a used Head Hunter Wader or Fisher 1280. Not sure what used are going for but probably the best bet. You only get what you pay for and one good find could pay for the detector. Your choice. HH Bill

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Fisher is around $350 used on ebay. No listings for the head hunter wader though.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Tiger Shark is a great detector for the idea you have in mind. However all waterproof detectors cost more than land units. Sometimes you can find a Fisher 1280 at a good price. It's what I started with for wading and did well enough to upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread