Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since I bought my new Etrac (two and a half/three weeks ago) I haven't had the time off work to get out with it. Killing me!! But it gave me a bit of study time in preparation. Weather today was great...high in the mid 40's and sunny with no wind. So after coffee I loaded up the truck with all my gear and headed out to find massive amounts of treasure with my new Etrac!!! I went to an old 1930's school yard that has produced some real goodies in the past, but has also been hammered for a long time by other treasure seekers. I spent about 3 hours detecting. Really just trying to get comfortable with and learn the new machine. I ran it in TTF and used the Relic mode most of time. Also tried 4TF a bit also. No silver or gold today.........but I bet I dug enough old rusty nails to build a small house with. Hopefully can post some pics of some good finds next trip........had an awesome time anyway!!

Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool, hope you enjoy it and find more than nails next time. I know using relic mode one has to expect a lot of nails and rusty trash but you sure learn the tones well that way.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing you took the truck you never know when massive amounts of treasure will show up! I hope it's gold! HH!

OP
OP
Tired Rooster

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...Msbeepbeep....gotta think positive on every trip!!!! It's the "what's under the coil" at the next "tone" and the dreams of finding that rare treasure that makes it all magic.............know what I mean? The truck is just in case.......:laughing7:

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most important is to get the coil over a good target....lol

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your new Etrac. It's a great machine. With the Etrac, due to the slow processor, you need your swing/sweep speed to be slow to very slow, otherwise you could be missing good targets that are masked by iron. In TTF the high tone chirps and broken signals you hear are usually iron. When you get these turn at a 90 degree angle to the target and sweep it again. If you don't get the high tone again then the target is most likely iron. A good target will usually give a solid signal from both directions.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Tired Rooster, I hope you do good with your new 'tector. The best thing to do, for those new to any of the explorer series, is to hook up with someone proficient (someone who can routinely bring in the silver from old turf) and trade off flagged signals. That's often the only way to make the tooty-fluty sounds make sense. And once you get that recipe, the "lights go on" and you'll love the machine .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread