Can a detector detect raw gold in ground?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure it is. But..... remember, we're talking about TV here. They will go through many hours of "takes" to get the video that will "sell" the episode. I have a Falcon MD20 that is good on detecting large AND tiny gold. Pinpointers? I would expect yes for large gold, no for tiny gold. All depends on your definition of large/small gold. TTC

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seen a guy in Alaska using a detector along a creek I was panning at. He was up in the rocky area along the creek and found maybe 10 rocks that had some gold in. No one panning found anything and the creek was known for $15 per ton. You could only pan in it so one ton of panning is a lot for $15

I don't know what kind of detector he had bcause i wasn't into detecting at the time

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All you have to do is go down a little to the forum ... Metal Detecting for Gold .... You will get all kind of answers...

OP
OP
davinci

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot...I personally do not use a metal detector anymore...I had purchased me a White's GMT for $600.00 and I was detecting with it in a very promising location and it went haywire...Me being the paranoid person that I am, began thinking that it prolly recorded my location in some type of gps locator...And all that I would have to do was send it in for repairs...At which time the manufacturer could download the co-ordinates to my site...So...Silly me...I trashed the darn thing...My peace of mind was worth far more than the $600.00 I paid for the darned thing...Some might call me nuts...Oh well...What do I know??? Ed T

Lol!!!!!!! OMG too funny! In the end did you done any gold though?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Normsel...There is one thing of which I am certain...My poor $600.00 GMT is in many little pieces...And...My secret little spot is still safe, as far as I know...I have not seen nor heard of anyone finding it yet...You can call me paranoid, if you like...But when you are dealing with the type of Platinum bearing ore that I am dealing with...You can trust nobody...And I do mean nobody...Hell...I don't even take a freaking Ipod with me when I go to my little spot...And I sure do love to listen to music...But when I am at my little spot...The only music that I listen to...Is the sounds of nature...I still believe that manufactures of all metal detectors have their means of tracking anyone to any spot...But what do I know???Let's see them try to follow me to my little spot...hehehe I will keep my use of my detectors to coin shooting in parks and such...But I will never take one into the field again!!! Ed T

Surely your joking Ed?????

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most detectors should detect gold, large and small (if it is REALLY close to the search coil), and you should be able to get to bedrock if you are close ehough to the bedrock or the soil has work away, exposing the bedrock.

OP
OP
davinci

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most detectors should detect gold, large and small (if it is REALLY close to the search coil), and you should be able to get to bedrock if you are close ehough to the bedrock or the soil has work away, exposing the bedrock.

Thank you!

ki4ofh

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster GT, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering the same thing. I am new to the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread