dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never owned a 350 but had a 250 I hated the machine. I don't care for the bell tones on the ace line there rather annoying after s few hours.

OP
OP
bluelodge

bluelodge

Dec 29, 2013
arkansas
Detector(s) used
white pro 800 garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how was the overall performance of the 250???

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found clad that's about it. I upgraded to a minelab safari, took it to every place I hit will my ace and find old coins the Ace missed.

OP
OP
bluelodge

bluelodge

Dec 29, 2013
arkansas
Detector(s) used
white pro 800 garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone out there have a garrett 350 with info on machines performance??

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using a 350 for a yr. now ........... took some getting use to the DD coil , all my other machines had round coils................. the bell tone is what I rely on the most ... last week I dug a 1953 quarter at 10 inches , so I thought that was pretty good ................ for the money it is a good machine ........ good luck!!!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The larger coil may not be the best choice for a beginner. Go with the 250 and watch the videos on youtube.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 350 is a good machine for the price, it has a little better iron discrimination than the Ace 250, and it goes deeper due to the DD 8.5X11" coil. Give me a call if I can answer any questions for you.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had a 350 for the last 2 summers ...digging a quarter at 10 inches isnt going to happen at best 6 inches even at 6 inches the 350 has a hard time reading the target ive had dimes bounce from foil to quarter/dime reads at 5-6 inches...so a 10 inchs?... id like to see that.....and as far as not finding old coins i guess you just didnt dig enough iffy signals your using a ace 250 i dont have any faith in them after 4-5 inches...the 350 i lose all faith in it after 5 inches there very limited beginner machines....buy a used at pro if your limited on budget you will be happy you did

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't recommend the ace line to anyone. If ur lookin at them why don't u check out the minelab xterra line of detectors. I've read great things about them

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 350 is a good machine, barbers, mercs, v nickles, ih cents I've found them all. With that being said if there's any way you can afford the At Pro you won't be thinking about an upgrade for a long time to come.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd save my money and get the AT Pro instead of a 350. If you don't need the waterproof feature, there are other brands in the same price range that are very good machines also.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is the 350 a fairly good machine...thinking about trying it...need some info...:dontknow:

In the same price range you could pick up a tesoro cibola. People who have them love them and they come with lifetime warranties.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had a good time with the Ace series.
Started years ago with a 150.
Bought a couple 350s before AT Pros were being used much, I believe they had just came out at that time. Made some neat finds with the 350,some where Pro users hunted.Running it in jewelry mode with headphones and tones on deep targets similar but not the same as shallow ones. Recoveries by tones only for deepest targets i.d..a delicate mellow chime in the silver range is a personal favorite.Two silver dimes beyond 7 inch blade recovered,( the guard passes top of hole beyond seven, and they were beyond it,not going to say how far without proof but beyond seven, l.o.l.)
The Pros have a solid following and reputation.
Given a choice I,d take a pro with a 5x8 coil for myself in high trash areas but your areas soil and mineral may differ.
Larger stock coil for low target number areas and to cover previously worked areas.
If a 350 is available with out buying it give it a run. A test on your test garden if you have one. The less discrimination the better,knock a little iron off and back sens a couple notches from full as a rough start.Then to the field! Dig a dozen targets getting familiar then take a small tour of an area you have worked well before to see whats different. Then of course a new area.
Have fun.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread