Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are the advantages of the F2

1) More stable
2) Numerical display
3) NO BELL TONES!

I would argue that a much higher percentage of people that have owned/used the F2 and any Ace series (150,250 or 350) would prefer the F2. Most feel it just works better!

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an F2 and love it. However, I have not used an Ace series so I can't honestly tell you the differences...
One thing I do know is that I love the numerical display on the F2. I think that gives it an edge above the rest in the same price range.

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Teknetics Delta 4000, which is somewhat like the Fisher F2 - they're made by the same company, the display is similar and the feature set is comparable.

I've been extremely happy with it to date. It's extremely sensitive; so much so that I usually run it on the minimum sensitivity unless I'm out away from powerlines and other sources of EMI. My deepest find to date has been a 1919 wheat penny at 8".

Marvin

Dec 24, 2010
Western Burbs of Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned a Garrett Ace 250 and have used a Fisher F2. After using the F2 I decided to sell the Ace 250 and buy the F2. If I had the funds I would have kept the Ace 250 as a companion detector. What I really liked about using the F2 was the target ID system. The ACE 250 did a nice job detecting and probably just as good as the F2 but once you found something, I felt like the F2 gave better info with the numbering system as opposed to just a few bars on the Garrett.

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken the Ace 150 doesn't have a pinpointing feature. That would be another reason to choose the F2 over the 150. It's very helpful when learning the machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Spokanehunter

Dec 29, 2013
Washington
Detector(s) used
minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I felt like the F2 gave better info with the numbering system as opposed to just a few bars on the Garrett

Thanks everyone I will probably get the f2 sounds a lot better but another question is what does the number system do? what do they mean?

Marvin

Dec 24, 2010
Western Burbs of Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make it easier to identify different metals from similar junk. There's a few good youtube videos that show it. Just look up fisher f2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread