Anyone using a NEL coil on thier AT Pro?

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to get some unbiased reviews of anyone who has ran a NEL coil on their AT Pro. Also anyone who has ran a NEL on ANY machine that can tell me anything about the quality, service, performance of their coil. Does it change the VID numbers? Tones? Pin pointing?
I am looking specifically at the "Big" coil but welcome any info on any of their coils.
Up until my AT Pro purchase I NEVER even spent $240 on a detector let alone a coil! :laughing7:
Thanks
Steve

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the attack coil on my at pro you have to gb at half sensitivity and run the coil wire straight up the shaft for the first 6 to 7 inches so the coil does not pick up on the wire , Call Rusty at Garrett he knows coils very well you will lose depth on smaller targets like dimes quarters you will get deeper than the stock coil also do not use in a trashy area you will pick up many signals at once. It pin points single targets very well. Also hard to use around trees or bushes I sold mine, Call Garret ask for rusty amazing person great at answering coil questions,,, Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coils you need to consider mineralization in your area to see if a consentric coil would be best or elliptical or double D Call Rusty hes like a scientist and very helpful

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can you tell me why ? I am a noob

captbo, a larger coil has a better chance of having more targets in it's detecting field since it's field is larger than a smaller coil. Smaller coils normally give up a little depth but gain better target separation due to their smaller size.

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking to get some unbiased reviews of anyone who has ran a NEL coil on their AT Pro. Also anyone who has ran a NEL on ANY machine that can tell me anything about the quality, service, performance of their coil. Does it change the VID numbers? Tones? Pin pointing?
I am looking specifically at the "Big" coil but welcome any info on any of their coils.
Up until my AT Pro purchase I NEVER even spent $240 on a detector let alone a coil! :laughing7:
Thanks
Steve
Steve, Most folks I hunt with use the 5X8" coil and love it. I've heard good things about the NEL Storm but never used it. I use the stock coil and the small sniper coil for extreme trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread