tesoro detector

bgbob

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know about the Tesoro Toltec 80 there is one on ebay when was it made is it good or not lot of people are looking at it but no buyers or is a Tesoro Compadre or Tesoro Silver u Max just as good.I have a Bounty Hunter Gold Digger now want go with one that will pick up thing deeper in the ground.Can anyone help me on this.Thank You

Upvote 0

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tesoro Toltec was okay in its day but that day has long past. It's old and heavy compared to today's detectors. Of the other two that you mentioned, the Silver is the better all around machine. The Silver uMax has a few things the Compadre does not have like a gain/sensitivity control, all metal switch and the ability to use different coils. The Compadre is a good detector and highly praised by many but the Silver uMax is a step above. Don't forget about the other Silvers that Tesoro produced in years past, as they all perform pretty well. Keep an eye out for the Silver Sabre, Silver Sabre II, Silver Sabre uMax, Silver Saber Plus, Conquistador, Conquistador uMax, Sidewinder, and Sidewinder uMax.

OP
OP
B

bgbob

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for info I just don't want to buy one that isn't better than I have now.I like USA made.Do you know any good Bounty Hunter for that price range or others.Thanks

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro is USA made and has lifetime warranty. The Compadre will find coins around 8". Not sure what your current rig will do. Nice, inexpensive machine you will want to keep even if you upgrade later.

OP
OP
B

bgbob

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info everybody I am looking at a BH Time Ranger on sale good price let your know how much I find.Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread