Pre snow finds, buckle ID help please

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I got out this past Monday to look for Indian artifacts, but there was not enough dirt showing thru the soybean stubble to find much, so decided to metal detect the old home site on the farm that I hadn't detected for the past couple years. Was able to pull, the little iron gun (cap gun I assume), a few buttons including the two piece "Wilmington Police Department", which is the second one I have found from this site, any idea of age on this one? One copper about the size of a large cent but too worn to see any details at all, 1930 wheatie, a mangled Sterling silver spoon, and a buckle of some sort. I know very little about buckles so would appreciate any info on type or age. I never got to see the old brick home that was on this site, as it was torn down about 15 years ago, and unfortunately was told some of the yard was pushed into the root cellar to fill in the hole. Current farm owner says it was a big old brick home, and I am trying to date it via the finds. Have found two old unidentifiable coppers so far, and one Indian head penny, no silver coins yet, but along with this spoon have also found a silver thimble, and silver pocket watch case cover. Not shown in this weeks finds from this site is; an axe head, couple pounds of scrap brass and copper, and about 30 lbs. of iron objects. Lots more trash to clean out, that will hopefully lead to more coins and who knows what. Thanks for looking.
012014 finds A.JPG 012014 finds B.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread