Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
​I was watching The Curse of Oak island on tv last night and they were in a swamp that was mud and thick dark water…. And they had a minelab CTX 3030 that they took it right down in the mud and water all the way under ….. And it also looked like they had a Fisher lab M-66 with them that they had made water proof...

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget the Tesoro Sand Shark they were using!!!! :headbang:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also thought I saw them using a Garrett ATX that he chunked in to the back of a truck like it was a old shovel.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Keppy are you saying the mystery of Oak Island is trying to figure out why someone would pay so much for a CTX? :)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intresting might have to watch it, good show?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty slow on the thrills. They found one Spanish coin so far for their 1.5 mill investment but it's too cold to dig here so I watch it.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So Keppy are you saying the mystery of Oak Island is trying to figure out why someone would pay so much for a CTX? :)
.. You see they were not hunting for pennies and dimes in a park … They were treasure hunting….

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im watching all episodes now Seems to be a real deal treasure show

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't forget the Tesoro Sand Shark they were using!!!! :headbang:
I must have missed the Sand Shark and the ATX but with the money they put out they could have all top the brand detectors with them….And they brought in a Lorenz detector …. And they had 2 men there called Metal detector experts and they had shirts on with ..Kellyco patches on there shirts….

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im on the fourth episide Man good thing when they put the ctx under in the swamp the oring didnt leak, definetly a cool show gotta admit

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see the part where he throws the CTX on the plywood like a ragdoll.. Must be nice not to have to pay for your toys!!! It's still a cool show, hope they find what people are dyin for!!! HH....

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I saw,that I think we all were cringing at that so far only seen the ctx & that deep max x6

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya Terry was right the diver was using the sand shark, Very addictive show,Very much real compared to others with a great real history behind it, looking forward yo the next episode for sure

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya Terry was right the diver was using the sand shark, Very addictive show,Very much real compared to others with a great real history behind it, looking forward yo the next episode for sure
Yes i don't know for sure but the next episode could be next year….For they only made 4 shows this season as far as i know ..And the last one was the one with the metal detectors..The one we just saw on Sun. night..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you see the part where he throws the CTX on the plywood like a ragdoll.. Must be nice not to have to pay for your toys!!! It's still a cool show, hope they find what people are dyin for!!! HH....
Yes they did handle the detectors pretty rough tossing them around…….

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i don't know for sure but the next episode could be next year....For they only made 4 shows this season as far as i know ..And the last one was the one with the metal detectors..The one we just saw on Sun. night..

Yup there all on demand now

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you meant pay for demand but i see it is the free on demand..

Lol I guess I should have been more clear sorry

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like these so called experts ...ohhh yeh im getting a hit here its telling me silver and gold...rofl.....and then they even had some fancy charts showing the "red" for good signals a so called silver /gold deposit ...meen while its a soda can left by someone else or an old excavator bucket...or who knows what ...but for them to say its gold or silver is a big joke id have buried them in that swamp for saying such stupid things

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread