Teknetics T2 or minelab E-Trac?

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, I hate seeing posts like this but... Without having a "brand name" argument I'd like to know what my next upgrade should be. I'm tore between the 2. I love what I've seen and heard about the E-Trac and think they are the wave of the future. (I may be wrong but who cares lol) but also stumbling across A TON of T2 videos, posts. Everyone who has used one is VERY impressed with it. So my question is... For a coin/jewelry hunter. Who might also use it in the delta's 1000 miles of waterways around where I live. Which one do you think it the better machine for those things I mention above. I'm not much of a relic hunter but if I happen to stumble upon a relic then yay! Lol I'm not a "brand name" person so that don't matter. Just can't decide which one is better for me. Any experience with both those machines? Any comments will be helpful. Thanks in advance. Bill

Upvote 0

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you find that most people will lean towards the E-Trac in that comparison. While it may not have the speed of the T2, the E-Trac has superb depth and target ID. While I had mine, it performed very well.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Although it hasn't been delivered yet, being a Minelab fan I picked up a brand new Explorer SE Pro!
They are a discontinued model but goes up against an E-Trac very well and could be compared to CTS 3030!
Right now they are down to about $999.00
This is my AT Pro replacement!!
I wish you the best of luck on your search for a new MD!

OP
OP
Garbagebill

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. I've been so sold on an E-Trac for the past few months even telling my grown kids "this is my next machine!" But then somehow the teknetics T2 popped up while I was checking out reviews of the E-Trac and then I looked at a few of those vids. Kind of made me stop and think about it. Even as I type this I don't know which one I'll grab. I guess it will just be one of those which ever one was the last one I thought about that day lol.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the etrac is probably the best choice. It ids better at depth, I don't think it is any deeper but the t2 is more for sites where you want to dig everything above iron. Not saying you can not use it as a coin hunter because I do and it works very good. With that being said my next detector will be a etrac, but for now the t2 is my favorite.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered the XP Deus with 11" coil? I'm hearing that it matches the E-Trac depth, and is much faster on separation. Plus it seems that Minelabs are not usually very good on smaller gold, if that is a concern. I recently went from an E-Trac to the Deus, and there is certainly a lot I like about the switch. Not to mention that I got the Deus for 50% of the cost new.

OP
OP
Garbagebill

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The XP DEUS is a little out of my range. The e-TRAC is about as much as I want to spend. Thanks for the comments. I'll have a heck of a choice to make when the time comes.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to use it in the water, I'd get an AT Pro unless you can afford the CTX3030. The choice between the T2 and the E-trac is a no-brainer to me......E-trac.....all the way.

Odinsham

Mar 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the T2 SE tried the Etrac but would not change the T2 great machine all rounder. Not tried it on a beach though that is not my bag only UK ancient fields interest me.Recently it found a 12mm diameter Roman coin at 8 inches 10 days ago an nglo Saxon Silver Sceat again a small coin at 5 inches .I tend to use the Boost setting all the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions