Mmmmmm.....juicy lead

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped by one of the landowners places today where I trap and started picking her brain about old houses and such for detecting this spring. Right off the bat she mentioned an old bachelor she knew of that passed away years ago, had a little house in farm country and was a recluse. Rumor has it he may have hidden some cache's around the property....this could be fun......

Upvote 0

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that gets my juices flowing as well. I do all my trapping on public land out hear in the west. Good luck and keep us informed of what you find.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You get some of those 1200 dollar kitties this year? Been a rough winter for me, snow was too much, only able to run snares and cubbies, no way to keep foot holds functioning. Was ready to be done for the year but the warm weather is waking the coons up and I have had a couple requests to get a few out of barns and an abandoned house. Actually that abandoned house could have some treasure too. I guess the land owners grandpa bought it in 1947 and the house was existing when he bought it. Just started realizing how much my running around the woods and fields and the access to the private property I have may benefit me for my first year of detecting.

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed out on the cat trapping this year, mostly went after beaver and muskrat, sure glad winters breaking around here though. If I were you I'd be chomping at the bit to get out to that old house.

Paul

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am chomping at the bit! We still have a few feet of snow and last I heard 11 feet of frost in the road, 4 to 6 feet where there is snow cover. Beaver prices are horrible if you ask me. Rats seem to be holding ok..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the early 80's, had a tip on an old black lady who sold milk, and she'd passed with nothing found as far a wealth in the 50's. She was very old, and lived in a log cabin. We figured she'd buried her money. My stepfather and I spent a ton of hours searching around that house - never found a thing, not a single thing but trash. It was all grown up around the cabin, so searching was very difficult. We must have missed 75% of the grounds due to the underbrush. The cabin is long gone now - and so is my memory, I couldn't find it if I tried. This cabin was between Cascade, VA, and Route 58 to Danville, VA, and the North side of the road.

And I don't live near there anymore....

So that was an unfinished search.... I know there is buried money there, I can feel it.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the early 80's, had a tip on an old black lady who sold milk, and she'd passed with nothing found as far a wealth in the 50's. She was very old, and lived in a log cabin. We figured she'd buried her money. My stepfather and I spent a ton of hours searching around that house - never found a thing, not a single thing but trash. It was all grown up around the cabin, so searching was very difficult. We must have missed 75% of the grounds due to the underbrush. The cabin is long gone now - and so is my memory, I couldn't find it if I tried. This cabin was between Cascade, VA, and Route 58 to Danville, VA, and the North side of the road.

And I don't live near there anymore....

So that was an unfinished search.... I know there is buried money there, I can feel it.

Heartbreaking. Having a feeling the money is there and you missed it must really kill a guy.
On a side note to the lead I thought I would bring something else up. There is another abandoned house these people own(they don't own the old bachelor pad) and they said as soon as it became vacant people were trespassing looting antiques(there are five barns in addition to the house) and also sneaking in with detectors...this was back in 1988. Maybe because technology has advanced they missed the goodies and cleaned the junk out for me! Just a thought!

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got another potentially good lead. Talked to a buddy of mine and he said there used to be a school house on his 40, he even knows the approx location. This could be a fun spring. I am basically talking to myself here but this thread has become my little secret spot journal.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You maybe talking to yourself, but we're ALL reading it! Lol!
Always go with your first instinct, it's usually right, as to where the cache maybe. GL. HH! Keep us posted!

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be keeping you posted Msbeepbeep, seems you're my only fan:laughing7: One other cool thing that happened was when talking to a buddy that just ripped down his old house and built a new one he said they found floor boards under the linoleum that were cut out as a secret hiding spot, nothing in the cache's though. He also said when excavating for the new home they filled a dumpster with barbed wire! That would have been loads of fun to try to detect:BangHead::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread