Upvote 0

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for area's that get SUN all Day , stay away from the large shady area's as they will probably still be Hard. even after You get down a few inch's Ya might find Frost "ICE" Our Frost Level here in New York is 3 feet deep in places . Hill tops and open fields would be My starting points this time of year... Good Luck , Still Solid here in N.Y.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be looking to get my onions planted in 2 weeks so it better be gone! Yes, I am hoping to go out on Saturday to my local high school to test out my new shooter coil. Going to mid 50s.. but they are talking about rain/snow next week.. What county are you going to?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
going to depend on location for sure, I'm still fighting off almost Frozen pipes here & they are at 4 feet.

just the other day I turned my water on got sputtering & rust before water started coming through again. & all my pipes are Plastic so it had to be the water co's lines.

By the way the 50's they predicted for all next week are off the table

according to the latest we are Gonna be flirting with Freezing temps & snow
all the way through the 14th at least

Last edited:
OP
OP
handsoap

handsoap

Feb 16, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I change my flight? Big reason I'm heading out there is to do this..

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
handsoap,

My brother is in Montgomery County, a short ride down the Pa. Tpk. from Lancaster. In recent talks with him yesterday, if it was me, I'd sure be changing my flight plans. He told me yesterday that even though you can see some spots of grass on hills, the ground is still mostly covered with snow. He sure reaffirms my decision to move to Texas 44 years ago, especially as this winter is progressing up there! LOL!

mainliner

Greenie
Feb 4, 2013
Chambersburg Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say. I'm in Franklin county and 70% grass showing in my yard but everything is still frozen hard. Only areas getting direct sunlight most of the day may be thawed out in two weeks.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two weeks may be OK I'm farther north , but we had a decent Melt today. Cooling down tomorrow & chance of Snow Wednesday, but this time of year, it shouldn't be a big problem. After this winter though :dontknow:

as mainliner says everything that is here yet, is still frozen hard though here it is 70% foot thick Ice/snow mix. yet
only thing open is what was Shoveled or Plowed

Last edited:
OP
OP
handsoap

handsoap

Feb 16, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses everyone. Maybe we can chat again in week? I know everyone must be getting pretty stir crazy over there-- I hear this winter has been pretty unrelenting.

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in south central PA and if I were you I'd wait at least one more week to be safe (three total). I see you'll be coming from California, so unless you want to waste the cost of the flight, I'd give it one more week. I had a low of -12F this winter which is unheard of in my area. Likewise many other areas saw extreme cold, so to be on the safe side, I'd say wait.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are bare patches around, but the ground is still frozen here in Bedford County...

Diggin'PA

Feb 11, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All-Pro, White's TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Southeastern PA and have been out detecting the past couple weeks and have had no problems digging, the soil is cooperating.

OP
OP
handsoap

handsoap

Feb 16, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Southeastern PA and have been out detecting the past couple weeks and have had no problems digging, the soil is cooperating.

Thanks! Glad I didn't cancel my flight

OP
OP
handsoap

handsoap

Feb 16, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks! Glad I didn't cancel my flight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread