Ghost signals with the at pro

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I am using the 5x8 coil and would get a great signal, it showed the object at 8 inches so i dug up a few inches of soil and scanned again. The signal was gone, it was not in the plug and not left in the hole. I moved over a few inches and the same thing happened so I dug a bigger hole that i could swing the detector in, and the signal had dissapeared. I ground balanced the machine again and it happened a third time. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Upvote 0

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why they're called Ghost signals. I've had my share of them to. Most of the time it's in areas of iron trash. I have had remnants of what appears to be completely rusted away iron objects. Once your break into the rusted target it just crumbles into particles. Like has been suggested dropping sensitivity should help.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your getting a ghost signal it is more than likely What G A P metal says your sensitivity is too high or you're hitting a aluminum can. I rarely found anything at 8" with my ATP. Most often it was a can or an old watch. Sometimes you will get a ghost signal if you don't properly ground balance as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions