Cemetery Loot

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Has anyone had any luck in detecting old cemeteries. I have found several pioneer cemeteries, even tracked down the family grave sites of the family where I found my big cache ( another Story). I show respect and dont go near the graves but around the perimeter you would expect to find something. I have had zero luck with even finding a target.

Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I have my eye on a couple of pioneer cemetary sites, but haven't tried it yet. There are a number of posts on this subject if you go back a ways. Spotz

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nick, try going to box under your avatar. Type in cemetary then hit search. Will give any reference posts to the word you typed in. HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug up an old gold plated bulava watch in a cemetery one time.I only had to dig six feet to get it. Just kidding, it was no where near a grave.

OP
OP
nick1878

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Thanks stoney56 That comes in handy, I bet you long time users of this forum get tired of new guy coming here an asking the same questions over and over

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
NEVER!! Ask all you want. It is how we all get educated on this subject. I'm certainly no smarter than anyone else & good questions result in good posts from others. Keepum coming. Spotz

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nick, we never tire of questions posted.Sometimes we even learn something from newbies. The only difference mainly is we found this great site sooner. HH and keep smilin'

OP
OP
nick1878

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
All true guys. I have been reaing for a while and have learned alot and recently been ale to help I hope a few people. Alot of forums Ive seen seem to be old farts who dont detect anymore maybe never did. Just like talking about it. Tahts great but this forum seems to be real treasure hunters going out and hunting for treasure. Thats great

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nick, tell us about the big cache!!

I have an old cemetery in mind that is right next to a clearing in the woods that has many large trees around it. The clearing is large enough to have contained a large structure and the trees are cleared in an area that is somewhat squared off. Kind of tells me that there must have been a structure there at one time. It is well off the beaten path and I doubt anyone has ever MDed it.

Back to the cemetery, I do not want to swing over the graves but what do you think about the inside perimeter of the stone wall that surrounds it? Anyone have any luck with that?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's an old cemetary not far from my house where my great grandparents are buried and I think I will give it a swing one of these days. My cousin is on the aboard that oversees the graveyard so I should be able to get permission. Have you noticed on Memorial day where the groups of people tend to congregate? It's usually warm here on Memorial day and they all congregate under the shade trees. Also the parking area or the shoulders of the road through the cemetary should be good places to look. How many times have you exited your car and scooted something off the seat?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread