Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I here ya its great bringing in the kids my son who is 4 loves it aswell I modified a discovery 2000 so it fits him $60 shipped I think.I got it for on fee bay, something used is fine for them ace 150,coinmaster things,like those nothing to much to overwhelm as long as it beeps they seem to enjoy

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd look around to see if you can find a used Tesoro Compadre. They are simple to use, lightweight, but tough.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son started out with CADENS FIRST SILVER COINS 014.JPG my whites silver eagle at about 6 yrs old, very nice machine easy to use---this is little digger with his first silver dime at 6 yrs old

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my boy claiming the deus xp he said it was his cuz it was adjusted small

ForumRunner_20140404_203918.png

OP
OP
Judepb

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all, my lil girl is tiny need it short and lite as possible

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya no matter what machine u get unless a deus xp ull have to modify the middle rod drill new height holes & possibly cut it down to I wouldnt bother with an actual kids machine she will outgrow very fast

OP
OP
Judepb

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya no matter what machine u get unless a deus xp ull have to modify the middle rod drill new height holes & possibly cut it down to I wouldnt bother with an actual kids machine she will outgrow very fast

That's true thanks

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Check Craigslist for a used, cheap Tesoro. I purchased an older Tesoro Compass uMax for $50 for my son. It's a simple beep-dig but it works well and he found a wheat penny his first time out. It's small enough that when fully collapsed he uses it fine but if I want to use it for fun I can open it up and go.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly or even feebay its really not hard at all if you do have to modify the stem a simple small clean hole inline with the others that way if when they get bigger machine grows with them & if a buddy wants to go out with u either, that's another reason y not to just get a basic child detector, I started with one for my son.a discovery channel green & blue one paid $25 lasted 20 minutes, now he uses a discovery 2000 radio shack that also my wife uses & anyone else who wants to go. Good luck & these will be great memories for sure
Have ur camera ready

OP
OP
Judepb

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep christo my camera is always ready, when my daughter found that cw bullet you swear she found a gold bar we were both so excited.

So is a Tesoro one of the lightest detectors?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya they are among the lightest ones, not sure how much & there are others that are light to like for example the discovery 2000 I picked up made by first Texas which is bounty hunter its only 2.2lbs

OP
OP
Judepb

Judepb

Mar 25, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites idx pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks, I just saw some tesoro's for pretty cheap on eBay. Gonna look around some more

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I know there decent detectors just never liked them & don't even know y I never used one lol

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whichever machine you get, I hope you impress upon your daughter the importance of making a clean recovery and to do as little damage as possible and leave the ground as you found it. Maybe a trip to the beach to learn the detector first. Have fun!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to recommend the ace 150 or an older coin master. The ace will have diff tones for diff metal so she would at least know if she was digging iron. Just my opinion. I'm looking at getting my 5 year old one this spring he likes going out with me. I already had a digger made for him from saskhunter. I'm giving it to him for his bday at end of month so I need to get on the ball on a detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread