PeteCook

Greenie
Apr 8, 2014
Vancouver, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out with my wife yesterday and our new Garrett AT Pro, we have about five total hours logged in now. We didn't score much but four pennies, some trash steel and the best find for me was the better part of an old hand cut nail, very thin but pulled it from the deep, followed it down to about 20" or so... was impressed and surprised at the strength of the detector.

Of course I am still oblivious as to whats going on, so many signs that I cant follow, sometimes it seems impossible to pinpoint things, as if they move around a foot once I dig lol. Something is maybe wrong with the detector, tells me things are way farther away than they are, even test coins are reading anywhere on the depth guide when i place them on ground 2" from the detector. Sensitivity maybe? I havent a clue, lol. I DID learn stuff yestarday though and that counts the most right now I think, plus by finding four coins I feel llke a champ ;-)

Here's a couple of things I've learned so far...

- Tecnology isn't all it's cracked up to be
- They have been making aluminum foil far longer than I would have imangined
- By carrying a detector you are teling people "Hi, we haven't met, but please join me I'd love to chat a while" which is cool tho, lots of interested folks out there
- Just because it's worn and tarnished doesn't mean it's old
- I will have a better chance of paying for my detector by selling worms from my holes to fishermen than I will from collecting valubles from the ground
- People didn't have a lot of money in thier pockets a hundred years ago. They were probably very careful not to drop it.
- At first glance spending $40 on a stainless sand scoop seems like a lot of money for something so simple. On second glance it it's a bargain.
- You can go your whole life walking and driving by piles of over-turned dirt and small holes and never ever notice them. Buy a detector and they all jump out like flashing neon by day two.
- "Private Property" is a potentially hurtfull statement and people shouldn't be so quick to post it everywhere.

So armed with new-found knowledge, dry shoes and socks and a ton of hope I am going out again today. That treasure is out there somewhere just waiting for me to come own it. See you at the beach everyone! ;-)

Cheers - Pete

1982163_10151985699122217_1774507854349727828_n.jpg

Upvote 0

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi,nice to "meet you!" Keep on searching,you are hooked for life now. I got lost a few days ago daydreaming about piles of dirt on the side of the road so I can totally relate.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said the more you practice the better u will be even try find some junk.targets along with good targets wave em under the coil & listen to the sounds the machine makes so u can.familiarize urself with its tones, read that manual a couple times more u do more it makes sence,last YouTube videos can bring a lot of knowledge to what ur doin, good luck

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, you are getting it figured out. A good sense of humor is essential in this hobby.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where are the bottle caps And Pulltabs???

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your learning fast lol
dont worry good finds will come soon, just learn and listen to your new tector!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

PeteCook

Greenie
Apr 8, 2014
Vancouver, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are the bottle caps And Pulltabs???

I should have taken the pic on a better surface the granite makes it hard to make sense of, sorry bout that. I have kept everything including my trash which only got dumped after it was photo'd 1st. This is from the 1st day, I am having a hard time with my computer right now, something i did with an external drive or something but I'll try to get more up later, this I was able to grab as my wife has it online.

10178028_10151984261277217_4031811823269418515_n.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread