I have an overlooked point to make about metal detecting!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just wish the lost wealth brought me enough to pay for gas going out each day....lol

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No doubt Norm. I am pretty sure I'm the one loosing the wealth. Lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
deep-seeker, perhaps so. But when the bank sees me come in with oodles of coins I'm "bringing back" into the economy, .... I think they are not happy I'm doing so. They have to do a "double-take" on the determining dimes verses pennies versus nickels, etc.... haha

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read somewhere that the man-made value that sits in the ground waiting to be repatriated is something like in the billions...? Is that accurate?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking, Could I write off Gas, meals, Batteries and other expenses For Finding all Of those Crusty Zink Pennies that the Fed seems to Put Out Every Year!! LOL JUST Joking Sorry NOT Chug

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you have made a fairly good point. I think people with metal detectors find themselves enjoying the hobby for a number of different reasons. I certainly have resigned the fact that I'm probably not going to get rich with my trusty ol" Bounty Hunter. My reason for driving myself nuts is my passion for uncovering history. If I never found a dime it is still in me to search for the past. When it comes to what others think of how nutz I am,just because I pass the time with my MD I really don't give a flip what they think. I do have a conviction that if I found something of historical importance that might change the way people think about history that I would contact those that are organized and capable of gleaning the right information. I do know that important finds are mishandled once in a while and I think when people in the know find out that history has been mishandled that that group certainly looks down their noses at us.I guess one can't blame them for that. As for people that think we are nutz.... Hell with 'em!! And if I personally think my rights as a citizen of this country are being stepped on then the gloves come off. I think most people with MD's are responsible people and don't seek to infringe on the property of others and stay within the realm of the law. Those that think we are crazy don't even count! So if you hunt for wealth,history,pleasure,stress relief, or whatever, go do it and never look over your shoulder! I love your idea of recovering "lost wealth" !! So when you find some I sure would consider splitting it with Ya!! LOL!! Happy Hunting and keep on diggin" !:icon_thumright:The Kid

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you have made a fairly good point. I love your idea of recovering "lost wealth" !! So when you find some I sure would consider splitting it with Ya!! LOL!! Happy Hunting and keep on diggin" !:icon_thumright:The Kid

I found a bunch of silver, rings, chains, pendants, etc. in the 80's - that wealth went with my ex-wife when she divorced me :( All the clad & memorials went into a tumbler, and then back into circulation. Did any of that pay for my 11 detectors? NOT!!! Did it cover my gas? Maybe....

What it did get me was out of the house, in nature, and in my own private world of adventure away from thoughts of trouble, away from HER (!!!), and a feeling I was 12 years old with every whisper of a deep silver dime :)

It was all worth it.

And that is why I returned to the hobby after a long absence.....

This is worth it :)

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that the man-made value that sits in the ground waiting to be repatriated is something like in the billions...? Is that accurate?

I've heard more than once that there is more currency in the ground than in circulation today...Hundreds of years of people dropping coins will add up. ddf

diggermatt

Apr 16, 2014
Thats what im saying, its just waiting for us to pluck it out of the ground.one coin at a time.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting IS my pursuit of happiness! My little adventures and discoveries, a little exercise gets thrown in to the mix too.
It is also my sanity saver! So if I am finding a few coins while doing this I see no down side.
I am trying my best to save the world, one coin at a time! Some people don't appreciate that, their loss not mine.
I see no difference picking up a coin in the parking lot compared to me unearthing one, but because I have the detector, I'm the crazy evil one! Lol! So be it, as long as the "sane" people leave me alone while I am saving their lost money and cleaning up their trash! Hehehe!

diggermatt

Apr 16, 2014
Yeah, I dont know why people are so worried...im mean we could be robbing banks, and doing something that would harm others....people should want fathers, sons and daughters out md, its innocent fun.I dont know whats wrong with this world.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard more than once that there is more currency in the ground than in circulation today...Hundreds of years of people dropping coins will add up. ddf
Judging by the last few years compared with a couple of decades ago, I think it's starting to balance out....at least here in the U.S. I look at my coin count now as opposed to then and I think we are finding things faster than they're being lost. There are lots more of us out there hunting these days!

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GO for it MSBEEPBEEP !! You may be a little crazy,but we all are ! You are not evil. I can tell you just love what you do! I can dig the sanity saver !!!LOL!!

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang from one bachelor to another that sounds awful familiar!!LOL ! I can see that your heart is right and you have a passion for this game, like most of the fine people who use this web site! Inspiration for what we do comes from people like yourself ! Your passion for nature,adventure and being a excited twelve year old again rubs off on the rest of us! We like it when the world is right and when we have lots of places to DIG!!! I agree with you ! It's worth it and the more I do it it seems to evolve into something more than a HOBBY! Keep on DEEPSEEKIN" and good luck to ya ! The Kid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread