AT PRO Upgarde To E-TRAC?

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I have had the AT Pro for about a year now and have found some good stuff but looking to upgrade. I am not impressed with how noisy the Pro is and how hard it is to distinguish deep signals. I have air tested my pro and have not got anywhere close to the results I have seen or read about. I have done my reading on the E Trac and it seems like a great machine but wanted to hear from someone that has used them both before I purchase. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats funny, I took mine in the water and it stopped working! Odd! You must have one of those special waterproof ones?
They're all waterproof up to the control housing.:laughing7: If I need something for deeper water, I use the Excalibur and get another 2" in depth over the E-trac. I'm not knocking the ATP. It's a very good all around machine for the money, but, in each phase of detecting, there are better choices. Sure, you may have to pay more but that depth difference can mean the difference between finding that valuable target or not.

mchesser

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2014
Saint Augustine, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark
Minelab SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
^ Great advice. My SE Pro to some real practice, but once the light came on, I love it. FBS detectors are a bit different but I really enjoy it. Don't be scared away.
just be prepared to learn !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread