Has Anyone Ever Found Gold With An Xterra 305?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just drop a ring on the ground and swing over it. All your questions about VDI and tones will be answered in seconds.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have found gold with an Xterra 305, do you remember what the number was on the screen? I think it is supposed to be a -4:coins:

First off do you mean gold nuggets or gold rings? Gold nuggets can show up as anything on meters depending on the size of the "nugget" and its depth.

Gold rings will also show up as any number also depending on its conductivity. A 14 Kt. yellow gold ring is roughly 58% gold and it may be alloyed with any metal which will affect its numbers on your screen. Then there is the size of the ring or its surface area and its depth in the ground to take into account. White gold ring of 14 Kt. will show up different too.

Jefferson2.JPG

OP
OP
U

usa2stay

Aug 10, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Xterra 305
Xterra 705
Wow that is an excellent quote from Jefferson! Fear is the Human Being's worst enemy! Fear of poverty, fear of criticism, fear of aging, fear of failure and the list goes on. Also thank you for your advice on the gold jewelry. I had never thought of the alloy side of the matter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread