Went to Plum point today Pirates Use to off lod things there the story gose.....

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Plum point today Pirates Use to off load things there the story gose.....

Well this was my third trip out metal detecting with the Ace 250 the first set of batteries starting to show discharge about 25 hours so far.

Plum Point in Bath North Carolina nice little sandy beach there on Google earth...the only access was a very long logging road then about a 20 minute walk in the woods no trail..
Found lots of shot gun shells, pull tabs, heavy folded copper maybe be some type of bullet casing have to clean it. about 100 bottle caps a grill a boat the place was trashed. So I took out some trash lots of cans looks like most of it floated in.

was an interesting day and a huge variety of metals. First time with no treasure was a long shot thinking beach again tomorrow

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya win some, ya lose some, but you won't find a thing if you don't look. There still may be something there.

OP
OP
S

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am sure there is something there. Need to take a whole day out there and see what is there and bring some flags to keep from going over the same areas.

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been times when I've had to remove the trash from a site first before I've found anything, sometimes the target's TID is masked by the trash. Thanks for hauling out the trash, good luck on your return hunt.

Last edited:

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always go over areas you've hunted before, machines get the closest most conductive targets first. Later hunts will reveal deeper targets! Sometimes just going in a different direction will find targets you couldn't hear. Good luck in your research and ground search

OP
OP
S

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I found a small silver ring the other day was almost no signal was about 14 inches been there a long time

OP
OP
S

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems I missed something last time I was out there doing more research there is an old foundation I never saw that mite need some looking after on the next visit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread