Trade F75 SE for Explorer SE Pro, Worth it?

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was offered a trade today, my F75 SE for a mint Minelab Explorer SE Pro with the Assessors that come with it and a Pro Find. Is it worth a trade? I don't know much about the Explorer.

If you're mainly hunting old coins, then I'd say yeah, go for it, but if you're a relic/ jewelry hunter stick with the SE.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would jump on that offer in a second. I've never used the F75 but my hunting partners friend was using one once and all I remember is how chatty it was.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have laughed in the offerers face. Trade an F75 for an Explorer…Ha!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anyway to trade machines in person and try each one out for a hunt? That's not long enough to learn a machine, but at least good enough to see if you like the sounds and feel of one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stone

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there anyway to trade machines in person and try each one out for a hunt? That's not long enough to learn a machine, but at least good enough to see if you like the sounds and feel of one.

For this trade, no. They live in a different state.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also haven't used the minelabe in question but man I'm pulling out coins & relics left & right with my f75ltd I'd have to say more then other machines I've used even the higher end ones I just got back from a 3 hour hunt this morning & just posted the finds about 10" at a cellar hole my other machines no chance to much iron.& junk I'd keep the fisher

OP
OP
Stone

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also haven't used the minelabe in question but man I'm pulling out coins & relics left & right with my f75ltd I'd have to say more then other machines I've used even the higher end ones I just got back from a 3 hour hunt this morning & just posted the finds about 10" at a cellar hole my other machines no chance to much iron.& junk I'd keep the fisher

That's what I'll do. It just gets hard to decipher the good targets from all the other random beeps. I think I'll just start running it on 1f or 2f tones and dig it all.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3h is where I run it, if ur getting many to many beeps try running 60 sensitivity for a bit ill still hit targets 8"+ then more u get used to start cranking her up

OP
OP
Stone

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3h is where I run it, if ur getting many to many beeps try running 60 sensitivity for a bit ill still hit targets 8"+ then more u get used to start cranking her up

That's the tones I use most of the time but run 70 sensitivity. Any higher than 75 and it chatters, even in PF mode. If I set my disc over 15 it chatters no mater what the sensitivity is set at. My ground balance in most places around here is 52-56. We have a red clay type soil here in Mississippi.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can most of the time bring up the sensitivity to 72-86 & when it starts to get to chatty I change frequency out something from the 1-7 usually stops,my ground balance here in new England is anywhere from 76-84 really depends on place really. I had a chatty issue & did a factory reset no more chatty

OP
OP
Stone

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can most of the time bring up the sensitivity to 72-86 & when it starts to get to chatty I change frequency out something from the 1-7 usually stops,my ground balance here in new England is anywhere from 76-84 really depends on place really. I had a chatty issue & did a factory reset no more chatty

I've try a frequency shift and didn't really notice any difference and I reset every time I change coils.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread