Help again pinpointers

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all i know this have been beat to death only got 60.00 to spend in my paypal, so on ebay. i saw the bounty hunter 45.00 but was told the detector were kinds of cheap is the same true for the pinpoints, also saw the Fisher F pointer 55.00 any thoughts what would you get

Thanks all i know i need one and ready to order.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let someone else be the beta tester for the brand X stuff.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I remember a time when Apple and Starbucks were brand x...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hope you bought stock in both! :)
It was a part of my early retirement plan which I am enjoying my first anniversary today. :-)

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Willl have to check on the reviews on the Xpointer tks for the info

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the Harbor Freight pointer. As everyone said in comments I read, it stopped working 3 days after I used it. The button was touchy and didn't work well. There is a way to fix the button, but I just returned it. I am going to get the White's. Now that I don't have one, I'm thinking "Once you go pro-pointer you never go back" :) What a difference in having one.

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a Garrett Pro Pointer. I used it for about 7 months and then it started making a funny noise like something had broken or came loose inside. It still seemed to work alright, but I decided to send it back. It cost me less than $6 bucks to send it and my Garrett digger sheath back. (The sheath was coming apart at one of the seams.)

While it was getting repaired (took 2 weeks) I tried using a HF that I had bought to use near water. (I figured if I dropped the HF in the water or mud then I wouldn't be too upset.) The HF is TOTAL CRAP. Don't waste your time or money.

I admit that it sucks I had to send a 7 month old PP back, but at least Garrett has great customer service. I don't know if the PP they sent back is new, but it looks it. (I should have marked mine inside the battery compartment to see if they sent the original back.) Eventually I'm going to buy a TRX because I like how it only pinpoints at the tip. If the TRX is as good as advertised, the PP will be regulated to backup duty.

Good luck with your decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread