cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a subjective question. What do you expect to find with the E-trac that you're not finding with the 705? More depth? Stability? Salt water beach hunting? If yes on those questions, The E-trac will fill those needs. If you're just park/school hunting and your targets are no more than 8" down, you're not going to find a lot more with the E-trac. Maybe around a fire ring or picnic table you will, but, most other areas would be about the same. The E-trac is much more adjustable to meet different needs but there is a price to pay for it......twice the cost of a 705 and the E-trac is almost 2lbs heavier in stock form. Add a WOT to it and you'll need a sling! If you have the extra cash, it's a great machine.

OP
OP
tparker805

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you so much salt water is one of the main things that I was looking to do 705 goes crazy I'm wet sand but I do want a lil more depth as we'll I'm just in between a rock and a hard spot because I would have to sell my 705 to get my etrac thanks for your input much appreciated

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tparker, I had the Etrac and now have a CTX. I would keep they 705 if there is any way possible. You won't find a better machine for general coin shooting in parks and schools IMO. You could find a used Sovereign GT or Excal for wet sand or a PI if you like to dig it all.

OP
OP
tparker805

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'm better off investing in coils you think and if so witch ones??? Thanks for the reply it's much appreciated I love all these people on this fourm so dang helpful!!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm better off investing in coils you think and if so witch ones??? Thanks for the reply it's much appreciated I love all these people on this fourm so dang helpful!!!
I would read Randy Hortons Xterra book. It is free to download from ML website. This is by far the most informative detecting book I've ever read and specific to the Xterra line. The best coils will depend on your soil and hunting conditions. The 6" 3 kHz Digger coil is a must have for trashy areas. For the beach the 15" 18.75 kHz is a good coil and more sensitive to gold targets.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/members/welcome-members/ebook

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread