Treasure coast detecting

ryan1715

Mar 8, 2014
Hey guys I'm in the fort pierce fl area... Been detecting for about 4 months now. Was curious if anyone on TN is in my area and had some good beaches they would suggest... I have a list of where the 1715 wrecks are all at, I'm looking more towards good drop finds. My go to spot has been Jensens main beach. Bc of it's popularity....

Any other suggestions. Would love to hear from some locals...

Thanks ryan

staticmap

Upvote 0

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been doing North Carolina beaches nothing huge yet still looking also just found a huge huge area that was a slave plantation and a civil war army stop over area.
Found a suspender buckle and half of an old silver pocket watch from the time period. Lot more ground to cover and recover

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will be surprised how many hunters are in your area, and I think there are clubs in the area to meet new friends and treasure hunters. Good luck and HH!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sat inside that funny little teepee thing in your avatar photo during a rain squall one day... its funny to see it..

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm in the fort pierce fl area... Been detecting for about 4 months now. Was curious if anyone on TN is in my area and had some good beaches they would suggest... I have a list of where the 1715 wrecks are all at, I'm looking more towards good drop finds. My go to spot has been Jensens main beach. Bc of it's popularity.... Any other suggestions. Would love to hear from some locals... Thanks ryan
I'm in just the opposite situation. I'm tired of modern clad and junk on touristy beaches, but the areas you hunt are too far for my day or even a weekend trip. I am going to make a trip this fall maybe down your way just because I've never really seen this part of FL much.

OP
OP
ryan1715

ryan1715

Mar 8, 2014
I sat inside that funny little teepee thing in your avatar photo during a rain squall one day... its funny to see it..

That's to funny... Ya I ran across it near Normandy beach I think... Pretty sure it's gone now.... You hunt in my area? I don't run into to many people out there with machines

OP
OP
ryan1715

ryan1715

Mar 8, 2014
I'm in just the opposite situation. I'm tired of modern clad and junk on touristy beaches, but the areas you hunt are too far for my day or even a weekend trip. I am going to make a trip this fall maybe down your way just because I've never really seen this part of FL much.

Ya you do get all the crap that comes with popular beaches but it obviously increases your chances of finding good drops to.... I've yet to find anything of any value. But I've determined that something not right with my machine... Bought it used and after months of learning it I still can't get more then 2 or 3 inches in the wet sand. About to send it into whites for them to check it out... Hoping they can fix it and I can finally get my first good find

OP
OP
ryan1715

ryan1715

Mar 8, 2014

What area you in and how well do you do there? I was thinking about planning a trip somewhere to go detect... Any one have suggestions of the hot spots in fl?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's to funny... Ya I ran across it near Normandy beach I think... Pretty sure it's gone now.... You hunt in my area? I don't run into to many people out there with machines

The one I'm talking about is to the north end of John Brooks Park.. I'm a lifelong treasure coast resident been surfing n hunting just about everything in this area my whole life

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area you in and how well do you do there? I was thinking about planning a trip somewhere to go detect... Any one have suggestions of the hot spots in fl?

I'm actually in southernmost part of GA so I only get to make a beach trip 1-2 times per month if I'm lucky. I enjoy hunting the larger wetsand on the east coast between Fernindina and as far down as Daytona every once in a while. I have only been to upper panhandle beaches detecting one time, but there was hardly any wetsand area as tides are a lot different up there.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya you do get all the crap that comes with popular beaches but it obviously increases your chances of finding good drops to.... I've yet to find anything of any value. But I've determined that something not right with my machine... Bought it used and after months of learning it I still can't get more then 2 or 3 inches in the wet sand. About to send it into whites for them to check it out... Hoping they can fix it and I can finally get my first good find
What detector are you trying to use on a salt water beach? Some are not suited for that venue.

OP
OP
ryan1715

ryan1715

Mar 8, 2014
It's a whites beach hunter id... It's a VLF with two frequencies. I spoke with them at whites and they said I should be doing at least 8 to 12 inches in the wet. Also proud to say I found my first ring today. Nothing fancy sure it's not worth a lot, seems cheaper, but I was still really happy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread